Recently our attention was drawn by a virus named Weevah2.top, and on this page we’ll explain you everything that you need to know about it. This article includes the most comfortable and reliable ways to eliminate Weevah2.top from user’s PC, and from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Opera. If the browser has started to behave strangely, if you see the promotional content on each website, start page and search engines have switched – on this site we will solve your problem.
The only feature that Weevah2.top advertising programs can do – is to show ads. When advertising program sneaks into the workstation, it immediately starts to show advertising. The switch of the search results, redirections, pop-up windows, commercial banners and suspicious links – here’s a full list of its methods. Search engines do a great thing, checking all the web-sites on the Web to show the user only the safest ones. Each page is thoroughly tested, and only the most useful ones can pass this test. All other sites may be considered suspicious, or even hazardous. This test is named indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really great, as thousands of websites of different quality are created daily, and the new, items, pages and partitions emerge on the websites, which are already tested. The installation of such virus actually refuses all services of reputable search engines, and customer’s computer becomes completely vulnerable to all other viruses. Weevah2.top hasn’t enough resources to check the web-sites as Google does. When you enter something in the infected browser, adware just picks the web-page of several thousand that are kept in its list, and shows it to you. User has a 99% probability that this website is malicious, and has no relation to the thing that you wanted to find. Virus shows it on the first place just because the owners of this website have made an agreement with the scammers, obliging them to provide a certain amount of website visits. Weevah2.top doesn’t care about customer’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he needs. Virus wants you to see as much pop-ups as it is possible, until you understand that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Weevah2.top from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Weevah2.top from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Weevah2.top: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware can invade man’s system in various methods, trying to deceive you to let virus enter the system. Advertising programs do it another way. Officially, adware don’t inflict immediate damage to user’s machine and cannot be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to use the Net, yet they can’t cause direct damage to your workstation and the personal data. In this regard, advertising programs are distributed fully legal. Some users download it personally, from the web-site. The most popular way is the bundled download with other unpaid software.
The latter way should be discussed singly, as it’s the very effective reason of infection by adware and redirects, as well as by all sorts of fraud browsers and tools. This method is plain: infected files are added to the installer of the wanted program. This file is completely closed, and you can’t see what you are downloading. Installation is the only manipulation that user can do and he, in the majority of cases, does this. It means that if you will install the software that you looked for, malware will install too. Adware is distributed legally, so, they have to notify the customer of their actions, and ask for allowance. As long as Weevah2.top has not sneaked onto the machine the man still has few chances to avoid it. The opportunity to do so is named “advanced installation”. The choice can be found in a separate window, during installation, where you are asked to choose the installation method between “recommended” and “for skilled users”. The recommended way is that you just press install button until the installation procedure will end. If you pick the second technique, you will see all tools, ready for the installation, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. Names of installation techniques may be different, but the core is very plain – the swindlers want to persuade you that the best choice is to stop thinking and click “Yes”. We hope that knowing the ways, which adware uses to infiltrate your PC, it might assist you to avoid infection.
Some customers want to know for what reason hackers make advertising programs that annoy customers so badly, if they can simply publish advertisements in specially reserved places? Actually, at its high price, rightful advertising attracts not many clients. The deployment of any ad on any web-page is worth the money, and the cost grows in direct proportion to the value of the web-site itself. Google, Yahoo and Bing offer more complex advertising methods, but they can’t compare with Weevah2.top’s productivity. For banners on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We will precise that ten percent is a phenomenally good result, but usually the count goes on tenths of a percent. Advertising program is leading 100% of victims to the needed page at lower cost. Many customers do not consider adware hazardous, until their computers are absolutely dead, and use infected PCs for years, experiencing great discomfort during the use of Web, and considering that it’s the usual thing. Suchlike customers assure a permanent flow of victims to untrusted websites, assisting them to exist for a long time.
Now, when adware is removed, you should understand how to avoid viral threats in the future. You know that the antivirus is the basis of your PC’s security, but one software is not enough. Most often, the operator is the weak place of anti-viral system that invites malware to enter the system. There are some rules that you should abide, if you want your system to remain safe:
- The anti-viral tool on your computer always has to be properly updated and enabled. Even if you’ll receive a system message with the request to disable an anti-virus to download some software, you should not do this. Licensed tools do not ask you to disable the antivirus, so the message is an attempt to break-in.
- You should not disregard the browser advices. Internet browsers also can detect the malicious sites, and they perceive when customer tries to perform something suspicious. If your browser notifies you that the web-page is suspicious – do not go to this site.
- You should avoid doing any actions on the hazardous sites. By the word “untrusted”, we mean all the types of web-sites with content “for adults”, ForEx broker’s sites and third-class sites, which spread free software or substandard goods.
- Always carefully observe the installation of any software. EULA is too massive, and contains a bunch of unnecessary info, but there may be something considerable. During the installation of the worthy software, designed by internationally renowned software developers such as Skype, Apple or Piriform, you can rely on their reputation. But if you are installing pirated software in this manner, you’ll put at risk your workstation and the data stored there. When you install any program, it may give you the choice between a “recommended” and “complex” type of installing – pick the second variant.
- E-mail is very comfy technique for scammers to spread undesired software. If you got a letter, which you didn’t expect, and you don’t know who send it – you shouldn’t open it.
- Always save important data on an external drive. If your laptop is often subjected to attacks of malware, the safest choice would be to keep the important data on an external hard drive that will become your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
The hints are easy, but the profits from the adherence to them are extremely high. If some of your requests are still unanswered – explain it in the “comments” field and we will answer you soon.