Few days ago we mentioned a virus named Newscruise.net, and now we’ll review it. This article includes the easiest techniques to eliminate Newscruise.net from user’s workstation, and from all popular browsers. If the browser has begun to operate slower than usual, if banners emerge on every website, homepage and search engines have changed – in this item we will help you to solve your issue.
Newscruise.net adware is the virus that is engaged exclusively in advertising doings. After contact with the customers’ system, advertising program starts to place ads, and performs it in all possible methods. Redirections, p-ups, commercial banners, the manipulation with the search results and viral links – this is a full description of its manners. Everybody knows that search engines are carefully checking the pages that are shown to users. Web-pages are meticulously tested, and examination may be passed only by those ones that are absolutely fine. Web-sites, which don’t pass this test, can be called “suspicious”. This examination is called indexing, and it takes a huge numbers of staff and resources, as thousands of websites of different quality are made every day, and the new, articles, partitions and pages appear on the websites, which are already tested. However, when the customer installs adware, he refuses all advantages of his search engine, and replaces them with malware services. Adware has neither the money nor the people to test the web-sites as Bing does. If you enter a search query on the compromised browser, the malicious tool simply picks the random web-site of several dozen that are kept in its list, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-page is viral, and isn’t related to the thing that you wanted to find. Adware puts it to you only because the owners of this web-site have paid to the scammers, obliging them to provide a certain amount of web-site visits. Newscruise.net doesn’t need you to be a regular customer, or to be satisfied with its job. Adware wants you to see as much banners as it is possible, until you realize that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Newscruise.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Newscruise.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Newscruise.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses may penetrate the user’s laptop in various manners, trying to make you to let malware enter the system. Advertising software don’t need to try so hard. In fact, adware don’t inflict direct harm to your system and can’t be called “viruses”. They can irritate you; they make the Internet surfing very difficult, although they cannot cause direct harm to the customer’s system and the private data. This explains, why adware is distributed fully legal. Some users install it personally, reading and confirming the license agreement. The most efficient way is an installation in one package with useful unpaid tools.
You should know what is the additional installation method. The manner is easy: virus files are added to the.Exe file of free program. The file cannot be inspected, and you can’t see what you are downloading. Installation is the only process that user can perform and he, in most cases, does this. Thus, if user installs the wanted program, malware will install too. Even if advertising program brings lots of uncomfortable effects, it is absolutely lawful, because it doesn’t harm the machine and the files, kept on it. As long as adware hasn’t sneaked into the machine the man still has a chance to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is named “advanced installation”. It can be found in a special box, during installation, where the virus asks you to pick the installation method between “easy” and “for experienced users”. The easy technique means that you will simply click yes button until the installation process will end. If you pick the advanced manner, you will see all files, ready to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. In fact, no matter how the setup methods are named – point is that the hackers want you to be stupid and abide to their instructions. If you will be aware of the methods, which malware uses to break into your system, it might help you to avoid infection.
Many customers are asking; for what reason people create adware that irritate customers so badly, if they can just publish ads in designated places? In fact, at its high value, rightful ad attracts not many users. The deployment of any ad on any site is worth lots of money, and the value is increasing in direct proportion to the value of the web-site itself. Advertising deployment of the website in search results of any search engine costs even more. For ads on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We must specify that 10 percent is the unbelievably good result, but ordinarily the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can lead almost all customers to the specified page and it will cost less. Usually, customers do not consider adware dangerous, until their PCs are completely dead, and use infected machines for years, having different issues during the use of Internet, and considering that this is the usual thing. Suchlike customers assure a continuous flow of victims to suspicious sites, helping them to stay afloat for a many years.
Now, when Newscruise.net is removed, you should know how to shield your system from viral threats for a long time. Besides the anti-virus, there is another thing that might defend your machine and your files against malware: it’s your own skill. Most often, the customer is the weakest place of anti-viral system, which lets the virus to enter the computer. To prevent the infection you have to abide to certain advices, so we made a list for you:
- The anti-virus on your computer must always be updated to the newest version and turned on. Some adware may ask you to turn the antivirus off. It might come in form of the system message or in other way. Such requests are definitely viral, and you must ignore them.
- Do not neglect the browser advices. Internet browsers have their own techniques of threat detection and reaction on operator’s dangerous doings. If your browser warns you about the peril of a particular page – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- You should avoid making any actions on the perilous web-pages. These are all the kinds of web-pages with pornographic content, ForEx broker’s web-sites and third-class web-pages, which distribute free content or low-quality products.
- You should watch closely for the installation of all tools. User agreement is very annoying, and there is a lot of useless information, but there may be something useful. If we’re talking about the good program, created by reputed software vendors such as Piriform, Apple or Kaspersky, you can trust in their name. But the young developers spend all time in search of money, and they might agree to spread harmful programs through their own software. When you install any tool, it may show you the option between a “simple” and “complex” way of installing – pick the “advanced” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mails. If you have a message, which you did not expect, and you don’t know who send it – we strongly advise you not to click on it.
- Always copy important files on an external drive. If the workstation is often attacked by malware, the safest solution would be to store the significant data on an external media that might assist you if the machine will be heavily infected.
If you follow all these hints, you can avoid getting any adware. If you still got some questions to answer – just comment this article and we will reply to you ASAP.