On this page, we want to tell you about the dangerous virus called Easysearchit.com, and explain you how to get rid of it. This guide describes the easiest ways to delete Easysearchit.com from user’s PC, as well as from Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Symptoms of this malware are: lowered speed of browser’s work, lots of promotional banners, redirections to third-grade websites and unauthorized switch of browser settings.
Easysearchit.com adware is the program that is involved solely in advertising activity. When adware sneaks into customer’s laptop, it immediately begins to show advertising. Commercial banners, the switch of the search results, suspicious links, pop-up windows and redirections – here’s a full list of its techniques. Some users know that search engines are meticulously checking the content that is shown to customers. Sites are carefully tested, and control might be passed only by those ones that are absolutely fine. Web-sites that do not pass this inspection, can be called “malicious”. The process is called indexing, and it takes a significant numbers of people and time, as tens of thousands of sites of different grades are produced daily, and the new, partitions, items and pages appear on the websites that are already checked. The installation of such virus actually declines all features of reputable search engines, and victim’s computer becomes highly vulnerable to all threats. Adware hasn’t enough resources to check the sites as Yahoo does. If you enter a search query in the compromised browser, malware just selects the random site of few dozen that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. Most often, this web-site is untrusted, and isn’t related to your request. Adware puts it on the first place just because the site owners have signed an agreement with the hackers, obliging them to provide a certain number of website visits. Adware is not interested in victim’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. Malware will make you see as much pop-ups as you can, until you know that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Easysearchit.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Easysearchit.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Easysearchit.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Malware may get into customer’s machine in many techniques, in attempts to trick you to let virus penetrate the computer. Adware do it another way. Actually, adware don’t inflict immediate harm to customer’s machine and cannot be named “viruses”. They can annoy user; they interfere to browse the Internet, yet they cannot inflict direct harm to your PC and the private information. In this regard, advertising utilities are spreaded by legal methods. Some victims install it personally, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most efficient manner is the download in one package with other unpaid programs.
You should know what is the additional installation method. The method is simple: infected files are included to the installation file of the needed program. This file is completely closed, and its content cannot be seen. The only thing that customer can do with such file is installation. It means that if you will install the software that you wanted to, malware will install too. Advertising tools are spreading in legal ways, so, they have to notify the user of their actions, and gain the allowance. When the adware is outside the machine you still have the chances to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is called “installation for professional users”. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The first method lets the malware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it chooses to install everything. If you choose the advanced way, you will see all files, prepared to be installed, and will be able to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation manners may differ, but the point is really plain – the criminals want to show that the best way is to close your eyes and click “Install”. If you will be aware of the techniques, which malware uses to infect your PC, it may help you to protect your machine.
Some users want to know for what reason people make adware that irritate users so much, if they can easily put banners in designated places? That’s really easy: the cost of the rightful ads is major and its performance is too poor. Man can’t just locate the banner on the famous website, because it will cost a lot. Advertising disposition of the web-site in Google search results costs much more. For banners on the web-sites, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We must specify that 10% is the incredibly good outcome, but usually the count is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware can lead 90% of users to the specified page at lower cost. Usually, customers don’t consider adware hazardous, until their PCs are totally clogged, and use those PCs for years, experiencing different issues during the use of Internet, and thinking that this is normal. Suchlike customers are ensuring a regular flow of victims to perilous websites, allowing them to function for a long time.
If you carried out all steps properly, malware must be removed at this time, and now you have to shield your PC from the future viral attacks. Besides the anti-virus, there is another thing that might shield your machine and your files against malware: it’s your own knowledge. Most often, the customer is the weakest point of anti-viral system that lets adware to break into the system. There are few rules that you should know, if you want your computer to remain safe:
- The anti-virus on your computer always needs to be updated to the newest version and turned on. Even if you will see the pop-up message with the request to turn off an antivirus to upgrade anything, you should not do this. Worthy software species don’t require disabling the anti-virus for their work, so the message is try to infect your system.
- You should not disregard the advices of your browser. Browsers have really nice ways of threat tracking and reaction on your dangerous actions. If the browser tells you that the site is hazardous – don’t visit it.
- You must avoid doing any actions on the malicious sites. These are any sort of web-pages with pornographic content, web-sites of foreign exchange brokers and lesser-known sites that distribute not licensed software or substandard products.
- Always carefully observe the installation of any software. License agreement is quite annoying, and contains a lot of useless information, but if you’ll read it – you may know something substantial. If we’re talking about the good program, designed by well-known software creators such as Adobe, Kaspersky or Apple, you can rely on their reputation. But the young developers spend all time in search of money, and they often accept to distribute viruses with help of their own software. If during the installation you are given the option between a “common” and “for advanced users” type of installation – choose the “complex” option.
- Be watchful with e-mails. If you gain a letter that you did not expect, and you don’t know who send it – it is better not to click on it.
- The backups must be kept on an external hard drive. If your workstation is often attacked by viruses, the rightest choice would be to keep the significant data on an external hard drive, which might become your backup in the case of really perilous infection.
If you listen to all these hints, you may avoid getting any undesired programs. If you still have some questions to answer – leave the “comments” field and we will answer you ASAP.