Few days ago we mentioned Youhomepage.org virus, and in this article we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about it. This item describes the easiest ways to uninstall Youhomepage.org from the workstation, and from all popular browsers. Symptoms of this malware are: slow work of browser, redirections to suspicious web-sites, lots of ads and unauthorized change of browser settings.
The only thing that Youhomepage.org adware can do – is to place ads on each new tab. If advertising program breaks into the PC, it immediately begins to generate ads. The manipulation with the results of search queries, redirects, advertising banners, pop-ups and malicious links – this is a short description of its techniques. Everybody knows that search engines are carefully filtering the pages that are shown to the user. Each site is meticulously checked, and test may be passed only by the best ones. All other websites might be called unsafe, or even hazardous. This examination is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really big, because tens of thousands of websites of different grades are made daily, and the new, pages, items and sectors emerge on the tested websites. But, when the man installs advertising program, he refuses the advantages of his search engine, and replaces it with malware. Adware hasn’t enough resources to check the web-sites as search engines do. When you enter anything in the infected browser, Youhomepage.org just picks the most appropriate web-page of few dozen that are stored in its memory, and puts it on the first place. User has almost 100% probability that this site is dangerous, and has no relation to your request. Adware puts it to you only because the site owners have made an agreement with the hackers, obliging them to make a certain number of site visits. Malware doesn’t care about user’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he wants. It will force you see as much ads as you can, until you know that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Youhomepage.org from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Youhomepage.org from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Youhomepage.org: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses might invade man’s machine in many techniques, in attempts to make the customer to let virus penetrate the computer. Adware have no need to try so hard. Actually, the advertising tools aren’t malicious and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive user mad; they make the Internet surfing hard as hell, but they can’t cause any damage to the customer’s machine and the personal information. This explains, why adware is distributed absolutely legal. Some people install it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most popular method is an installation in bundle with useful toll-free programs.
Let’s talk about the bundled installation technique. The method is simple: infected files are added to the installer of the wanted program. This file is completely closed, and its content cannot be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that man can perform and he, in most cases, does this. It means that if user installs the software that you searched for, virus installs too. Even if advertising software calls many uncomfortable effects, it is totally legal, because it doesn’t injure your PC and files. At the stage of penetration the user still has few chances to avoid it. The chance is named “advanced installation”. It can be found in a separate window, during installation, where the program asks you to select the installation method between “recommended” and “for skilled users”. The first manner lets the adware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it chooses to install all trash that is there. If you pick the advanced method, you will see all tools, prepared to be installed, and will have the ability to decide personally, which tools to install. Names of installation methods may differ, but the essence is always the same – the web are trying to convince you that it is better to close your eyes and press “Install”. We hope that understanding the techniques that malware uses to infiltrate your computer, it may assist you to avoid infection.
If you wanna know, why web-criminals are developing adware, and are they profitable, we will explain it. That’s really easy: the value of the legitimate advertising is major and its effectiveness is too poor. Man cannot simply put the advertisement on the popular web-site, because it is really expensive. Search engines offer more complex advertising strategies, but they aren’t as effective as adware. According to the statistics, this advertising on the website attracts an average of no more than ten percent of all visitors that have seen an ad. We will point out that ten percent is a phenomenally great result, but usually the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can redirect 100% of victims to the needed page and it will cost less. Many users do not consider adware harmful, until their machines are totally dead, and use those PCs for years, suffering the different problems during the use of Internet, and considering that it’s normal. These users assure a regular flow of victims to perilous web-sites, helping them to exist for a long time.
Now, when Youhomepage.org is uninstalled, you should understand how to avoid such threats in the future. Except the antivirus, there is one thing that may shield your machine and your information against viruses: it’s your own skill. Most often, the user is the weakest point of anti-viral system, which lets the virus to crawl into the machine. There are some rules that you should know, if you want to keep your PC safe:
- The anti-virus on your workstation always needs to be updated to the latest version and enabled. Even if you will see the pop-up window with the request to disable an anti-virus to download some software, you shouldn’t do that. Worthy programs do not need you to switch off the anti-viral program for their work, so the message is an attempt to break-in.
- Do not ignore the hints of your browser. Browsers can easily find the dangerous web-pages, and they understand when you try to do something dangerous. If your browser notifies you about the hazard of some web-site – do not go to this site.
- You must avoid doing any actions on the dangerous sites. By the word “unreliable”, we mean any type of sites with pornographic content, foreign exchange broker’s sites and low-grade sites that spread not licensed media-files or low-quality goods.
- Always closely observe the installation of any tools. EULA is too long, and contains a bunch of useless info, but if you’ll inspect it – you might know something substantial. If you are installing the paid software, created by reputed software creators such as Microsoft, Adobe or Kaspersky, you can rely on their reputation. But the novice developers always need funds, and they often consent to bundle their software with viruses. If in time of the installing you are given the option between a “common” and “complex” way of installation – choose the second variant.
- Be watchful with e-mails. If you receive a letter that you didn’t wait for, and you do not know the sender – you should not click on it.
- Always save significant data on an external media. If your laptop is often attacked by malware, the safest solution would be to store the significant data on an external media that might become your backup if the PC will be critically infected.
If you follow these tips, you may avoid getting any viral infection. If you can attach something to this guide or need to get rid of a problem in time of the uninstalling of Youhomepage.org – just comment this item and we will answer you soon.