In this item, we will tell you about the hazardous malware named YeaDesktop, and help you to uninstall it. This item includes the simplest techniques to remove YeaDesktop from your laptop, as well as from Mozilla Firefox, IE, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari. If the browser has begun to behave strangely, if banners arise on each site, homepage and search engines have switched – on this page you will see a solution to your problem.
YeaDesktop adware is the program that is involved exclusively in promotional activity. After YeaDesktop breaks into your computer, it immediately starts to show ads. The change of the results of search queries, advertising banners, viral links, pop-ups and redirects – it’s a full description of its manners. Search engines do an important job, checking all the web-pages on the Internet to let you see only the safest ones. Websites are meticulously tested, and only the best ones can pass this examination. Sites, which don’t pass this test, can be named “malicious”. This examination is named indexing, and it needs a huge numbers of staff and resources, as tens of thousands of sites of different quality are designed each day, and the new, articles, pages and sectors emerge on the tested web-sites. The installation of adware, in fact, declines all advantages of good search engines, and victim’s browser becomes highly vulnerable to all threats. Virus has neither the resources nor the employees to test the web-sites as Bing does. If you enter anything on the infected browser, virus simply picks the web-page of few thousand that are kept in its list, and puts it on the first place. Customer has a 99% chance that this web-site is viral, and has no relation to your request. Adware shows it to you just because the web-site owners have paid to the makers of virus, obliging them to make a certain amount of website views. Malware doesn’t care about customer’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. It needs you to see as much ads as you can, until you know that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove YeaDesktop from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove YeaDesktop from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove YeaDesktop: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses may infect the user’s PC in many manners, trying to trick the operator to download a harmful file. Commercial programs do it another way. In fact, adware are not harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to surf the Web, although they do not inflict direct damage to your system and the information, stored on it. In this regard, adware is distributed completely legal. Some victims install it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most popular method is an installation in one package with other unpaid tools.
The technique of bundled download should be inspected separately, since it is the very common method of infection by malware and redirects, as well as by all kinds of fake browsers and tools. The method is not difficult: virus files are included to the installer of useful program. This file cannot be opened, and its contents cannot be seen. The only action that victim can do with this file is to run the installation. Thus, if customer installs the wanted software, malware will install too. Ads are distributed legally, so, they need to notify you of their actions, and ask for allowance. At the stage of downloading you still have a chance to avoid infection. The opportunity to do so is called “installation for professional users”. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The first method is that you will simply install anything that is inside this file, even if there are ten absolutely useless tools. If you choose the advanced way, you will see all programs, prepared to be installed, and will be able to decide personally, which tools to install. Names of installation ways might differ, but the core is very plain – the criminals are trying to persuade you that the best way is to stop thinking and press “OK”. We hope that understanding the methods that viruses use to get into your machine, it may help you to protect your machine.
If you want to understand, why web-criminals are creating adware, and is it profitable, we can explain it. Actually, at its big value, legal advertising brings too few customers. The deployment of any advertisement on any web-site is worth the money, and the price increases in direct proportion to the value of the website itself. Google, Yahoo and Bing provide more targeted advertising strategies, but they can’t are not even close to YeaDesktop’s productivity. According to the statistical info, this advertising on the website can attract no more than 10% of all customers who have seen it. We should specify that 10 to 1 is the incredibly good outcome, but more often the count is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware is leading almost all its victims to the needed page and it will cost less. The majority of customers do not believe that adware is undesired, until their machines are absolutely clogged, and use those laptops for years, suffering the great discomfort during the use of Internet, and thinking that it’s OK. These customers are ensuring a constant flow of visitors to untrusted sites, assisting them to work for a long time.
If you executed all steps correctly, malware must be removed for now, and the only thing left to do is to protect your PC from all other threats. Besides the AV-tool, there is one thing that can shield your computer and your data against viruses: it’s your own skill. In generality of cases, the user is the weak place of anti-viral system, which invites malware to enter the PC. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want to keep your computer protected:
- The anti-virus on your machine always needs to be updated to the newest version and turned on. Some malware may ask you to disable the anti-virus. It may be shown in form of a pop-up window or in other way. Such messages are absolutely viral, and you should ignore them.
- Do not ignore the prompts of your browser. Internet browsers also can find the dangerous sites, and they understand when operator is going to to perform something unwanted. If your browser tells you that a particular page is untrusted – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- Don’t use the capabilities of unreliable sites. These are all the kinds of web-pages with pornographic content, foreign exchange broker’s websites and cheapjack web-pages that spread free software or bad-quality goods.
- You should closely follow the installation of any tools. User agreement is too massive, and consists of a lot of useless info, but if you’ll read it – you may find something useful. If you are installing the paid program, designed by prominent software vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe or Kaspersky, you can believe in their fame. But if you will try to install free programs in such manner, you will jeopardize your workstation and the information stored there. When you install any tool, it could give you the option between a “recommended” and “for advanced users” way of installing – choose the second variant.
- E-mail messages are the very handy method for hackers to distribute malware. If you gain a letter, which you did not expect, and you do not know the sender – it is better not to click on it.
- Always copy significant information on an external drive. If the PC is often subjected to attacks of viruses, the wisest solution would be to store the important files on an external hard disk, which might become your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
The hints are plain, but the fruit of adherence to them is priceless. If you can attach something to this guide or want to get rid of a problem in time of the uninstalling of YeaDesktop – just comment this item and we will help you soon.