Now, we will review the hazardous virus named Trueclickads.net, and explain you how to delete it. The item describes the easiest techniques to uninstall Trueclickads.net from customer’s laptop, and from all popular browsers. Symptoms of this harmful program are: unauthorized modification of browser settings, redirections to untrusted web-sites, decreased speed of browser’s work and abundance of advertisement.
Trueclickads.net adware is the tool that is engaged solely in advertising activity. If Trueclickads.net sneaks into user’s PC, it immediately begins to show advertising. Pop-ups, redirects, advertising banners, malicious links and the manipulation with the results of search queries – it’s a short description of its manners. Everybody knows that search engines are meticulously filtering the content that is displayed to the user. Each site is carefully tested, and examination can be passed only by the best ones. Web-sites that do not pass the test, can be called “untrusted”. This process is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to proceed it is really big, because tens of thousands of web-sites of different grades are designed daily, and the new, pages, sections and items appear on the websites, which are already checked. The installation of such virus, in fact, refuses all advantages of good search engines, and user’s browser becomes highly vulnerable to all other viruses. Trueclickads.net hasn’t enough resources to index the sites as search engines do. If you enter something via the infected browser, Trueclickads.net just picks the most appropriate web-page of several dozen that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this website is dangerous, and isn’t related to your request. Trueclickads.net shows it on the first position only because the website owners have paid to the web-criminals, obliging them to generate a certain number of link clicks. Trueclickads.net doesn’t care about customer’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. It will make you click as much links as you can, until you understand that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Trueclickads.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Trueclickads.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Trueclickads.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Unwanted programs might invade the user’s PC in many methods, in attempts to make the user to download a malicious file. Adware don’t need to try so hard. In fact, the advertisement programs aren’t really dangerous and cannot be called “viruses”. They can irritate you; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, although they do not inflict direct damage to the user’s computer and the personal info. In this regard, advertising software are distributed fully legal. Some victims download it personally, from the web page. The most common way is the bundled download with useful toll-free software.
The way of bundled installation has to be reviewed singly, since it is the most common way of penetration by viruses and redirects, as well as by all kinds of phony browsers and add-ons. The manner is not difficult: virus files are included to the.Exe file of toll-free tool. This file is completely closed, and you can’t see what’s inside. Installation is the only manipulation that user can perform and he, in most cases, does it. Thus, if you’ll install the tool that you wanted to, adware will install too. Even if advertising software causes lots of uncomfortable effects, it is totally lawful, since it doesn’t injure your system and files. When the adware is outside the machine you still have the chances to avoid the problems. “Advanced installation” is the chance to stop the virus before it penetrates the system. It can be found in a separate window, during installation, where the installer asks you to pick the installation way between “recommended” and “for skilled users”. The easy technique is that you will simply install anything that is inside this file, even if there will be ten absolutely worthless tools. If you choose the second way, you will see all files, prepared to be installed, and will have the chance to choose personally, what to install. Names of installation ways might differ, but the point is always the same – the hackers want to convince you that the best choice is to close your eyes and press “Yes”. If you will know the manners that viruses use to break into your computer, it may assist you to avoid infection.
If you wanna understand, why there are so much adware, and is it profitable, we will tell you. That’s really easy: the cost of the legal advertisement is large and its performance is too poor. Man can’t simply put the banner on the well-known site, because it will cost a lot. Search engines provide more complex advertising methods, but they aren’t as productive as Trueclickads.net. For advertising on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We must specify that 10 percent is the unbelievably great outcome, but generally the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware is leading 100% of users to the needed web-site and it will cost less. Many customers do not consider adware dangerous, until their machines are absolutely clogged, and use infected PCs for years, having different issues during the use of Internet, and thinking that it’s normal. These people are assuring a regular flow of visitors to suspicious web-sites, allowing them to stay afloat for a long time.
Now, if malware is uninstalled, you should know how to avoid viruses in the future. Except the AV-tool, there is one thing that might protect your hard drive and your data against unwanted hazardous software: it’s your own skill. Software don’t make errors, but people do, and such errors are the only cause of malware infections. To prevent the infection you need to follow few rules, so we made a list for you:
- Antivirus is the frontline of your system’s protection, so it should be turned on and updated. Some adware may ask you to disable the antivirus. It may come in form of the system message or in different way. Such messages are absolutely viral, and you should ignore them.
- You shouldn’t disregard the advices of your browser. Browsers have very efficient methods of threat tracking and prevention of your dangerous actions. If the browser warns you that the page is suspicious – do not visit it.
- User should avoid making anything on the suspicious web-pages. When we say “perilous”, we mean any kind of websites with pornographic content, websites of foreign exchange brokers and lesser-known web-pages, which distribute not licensed programs or defective products.
- You should watch carefully for the installation of any software. License agreement is quite boring, and there is a bunch of unnecessary information, but there might be something important. If we’re talking about the good program, designed by reputed software developers such as Piriform, Apple or Skype, you can rely on their name. But the young developers always need funds, and they can agree to spread adware via their own software. If in time of the installation you are given the choice between a “common” and “for advanced users” way of installing – choose the second option.
- Be watchful with e-mails. If you receive a letter, which you didn’t expect, and you don’t know who send it – you should not click on it.
- The copies should be stored on an external media. If your system is often attacked by harmful programs, the right solution would be to keep the significant info on an external media, which may help you if the machine will be heavily infected.
The advices are easy, but the fruit of adherence to them is really big. If you can attach something to this article or need to report an issue during the removal of Trueclickads.net – leave the “comments” field and we will answer you soon.