In this item, we will review the dangerous advertisement tool named Topsnote.ru, and help you to remove it. This item includes the most comfortable and effective manners to delete Topsnote.ru from the workstation, as well as from all common browsers. If the browser has begun to operate slower than usual, if advertisement appears on every page, homepage and search engines were switched – in this guide you will find a solution to your issue.
The only feature that Topsnote.ru adware can perform – is to place ads on each web-page. After the infection, advertising program starts to generate pop-ups, and performs it in all imaginable ways. Advertising banners, malicious links, pop-ups, redirects and the manipulation with the results of search queries – it’s a brief description of its manners. Everybody knows that search engines are thoroughly filtering the web-sites that are shown to the user. Each page is scrupulously checked, and only the most safe ones can pass this test. All other sites may be called suspicious, or even hazardous. The test is named indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to perform it is really huge, as thousands of websites of varying grades are produced daily, and the new, sectors, pages and items appear on the tested web-sites. The installation of advertising program, in fact, refuses all features of reputable search engines, and customer’s browser becomes extremely vulnerable to all other viruses. Advertising program has neither the resources nor the employees to index the web-sites like Yahoo does. If you enter something via the infected browser, malware simply selects the web-site of few dozen that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. You have almost 100% chance that this web-site is untrusted, and isn’t related to your request. Topsnote.ru shows it to you just because the owners of this web-site have paid to the creators of Topsnote.ru, obliging them to generate a certain number of link clicks. Topsnote.ru is not interested in man’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. Topsnote.ru needs you to pass as much links as you can, until you realize that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Topsnote.ru from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Topsnote.ru from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Topsnote.ru: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware might invade the user’s workstation in various ways, trying to trick the operator to let malicious program penetrate the computer. Commercial programs act differently. Officially, adware aren’t really dangerous and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive you mad; they interfere to surf the Net, although they do not inflict direct harm to your system and the files, stored on it. This explains, why adware is distributed in legal ways. Some people download it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most common manner is the bundled download with other unpaid programs.
You should understand what is the bundled installation manner. This way is not difficult: viral files are included to the installer of the wanted software. Such file can’t be opened, and you can’t see what’s inside. Installation is the only action that user can do and he, in the majority of cases, does this. Thus, if customer installs the software that you searched for, malware will install too. Ads are spreading legally, so, they must notify the customer of their installation, and get the allowance. Until adware hasn’t crawled into the PC the man still has few chances to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is named “advanced installation”. It can be found in a separate box, during installation, where the installer asks you to select the installation process type between “easy” and “difficult”. The recommended manner lets the malware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it chooses to install everything. If you choose the second manner, you will see all tools, prepared to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, which programs to install. In fact, no matter how the setup manners are called – essence is that the criminals want you to be dumb and abide to the instructions. We hope that understanding the methods, which dangerous programs use to break into your computer, it may assist you to avoid infection.
If you want to know, why there are so much adware, and is it profitable, we will explain it. Actually, at its high cost, legal advertising attracts too few users. You cannot just put the advertisement on top of the well-known website, because it will cost a lot. Google and Yahoo provide more complex advertising techniques, but they can’t are not even close to Topsnote.ru’s efficiency. For banners on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We will precise that 10 to 1 is the unbelievably good result, but more often the count goes on tenths of a percent. Advertising tool can redirect 100% of customers to the needed site and it will cost less. Many users do not consider adware harmful, until their PCs are completely dead, and use those PCs for years, experiencing different issues during the use of Web, and thinking that it’s normal. These customers ensure a continuous flow of victims to dangerous sites, assisting them to function for a many years.
Now, when this malicious program is removed, we will teach you how to avoid infection in the future. Except the antivirus, there is one thing that will protect your hard drive and your information against unwanted dangerous software: it’s your own attainments. Programs don’t allow mistakes, but people do, and these mistakes are the main cause of viral infections. There are few rules that you should know, if you want to keep your workstation safe:
- The antivirus on your machine always has to be properly updated and turned on. Some adware might ask you to disable the antivirus. It might be shown in form of the system message or in other manner. Such messages are definitely viral, and you should disregard them.
- You shouldn’t ignore the hints of your browser. Internet browsers also can detect the perilous web-sites, and they perceive when operator tries to do something suspicious. If the browser notifies you about the unreliability of the site – don’t visit it.
- You shouldn’t use the facilities of perilous web-pages. By the word “suspicious”, we mean any sort of websites with content “for adults”, websites of ForEx brokers and shoddy web-sites, which distribute not licensed media-files or substandard goods.
- You need to carefully observe the installation of all tools. User agreement is very boring, and consists of a lot of useless info, but there might be something useful. If we’re talking about the paid tool, created by well-known software creators such as Microsoft, Piriform or Skype, you can rely on their reputation. But the novice developers spend all time in search of funds, and they easily consent to spread viruses through their own software. If in time of the installing you are given the option between a “recommended” and “for advanced users” manner of installing – pick the “advanced” variant.
- E-mail is very comfy method for hackers to distribute viruses. If you have a letter, which you didn’t expect, and you do not know the sender – you should not click on it.
- The backups must be kept on an external media. If the computer is often attacked by viruses, the safest decision would be to keep the significant information on an external hard disk that might be your backup if the PC will be critically infected.
The rules are easy, but the advantages from the adherence to them are very high. If you still have some questions to answer – just comment this item and we will reply to you soon.