In this guide, we will review the dangerous adware called Topnewsonline.net, and teach you how to uninstall it. The guide includes the best ways to delete Topnewsonline.net from your laptop, as well as from all popular browsers. This malware has few symptoms: decreased speed of browser’s work, unauthorized modification of browser settings, redirections to suspicious web-pages and abundance of promotional content.
The only function that Topnewsonline.net advertising extensions can do – is to show ads. After the infection, Topnewsonline.net starts to place banners, and does it in all imaginable methods. P-ups, redirections, viral links, commercial banners and the manipulation with the search results – it’s a short list of its manners. Search engines do an important thing, checking all the web-pages on the Net to show the user only the best ones. Websites are scrupulously checked, and only the most useful ones can pass this examination. Sites that failed the inspection, immediately fall into the category of “dangerous”. The test is named indexing, and it takes a significant numbers of people and resources, as tens of thousands of websites of varying grades are created daily, and the new, pages, papers and sections emerge on the websites, which are already tested. The installation of advertising program, in fact, refuses all advantages of well-known search engines, and victim’s computer becomes very vulnerable to all threats. Malware has neither the money nor the people to check the websites like search engines do. When you type something in the compromised browser, the unwanted software simply selects the most appropriate site of few hundred that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. You have almost 100% probability that this web-page is dangerous, and has no relation to your request. Malware puts it on the first position only because the web-site owners have paid to the hackers, obliging them to make a certain number of website views. Malware isn’t interested in man’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he wants. It will make you see as much pop-ups as it is possible, until you understand that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Topnewsonline.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Topnewsonline.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Topnewsonline.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware can penetrate customer’s computer in many manners, in attempts to deceive the operator to let malicious program penetrate the PC. Advertising software do it another way. In fact, the advertising utilities don’t cause direct damage to customer’s laptop and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive anyone mad; they interfere to browse the Internet, yet they do not cause direct damage to your computer and the personal information. This is the reason, why advertising programs are spreaded by legal methods. Lots of victims install it by themselves, after they read and confirm the EULA. The most common technique is the bundled installation with useful free software.
Let’s talk about the additional installation technique. This method is not difficult: infected files are included to the installer of the needed software. This file is completely closed, and you can’t see what you are installing. The only action that man can do with such file is installation. Thus, if victim installs the wanted program, virus installs too. Even if Topnewsonline.net calls many inconveniences, it is totally legal, because it doesn’t harm the machine and files. As long as adware hasn’t crawled onto the machine you still have a chance to avoid the problems. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to intercept the virus before it enters the PC. The option can be found in a separate box, during installation, where the installer asks you to select the installation way between “preferable” and “difficult”. The first method lets the virus decide what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it chooses to install everything. If you pick the second technique, you will see the list of programs, prepared for the installation, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. Names of installation manners may be different, but the essence is really plain – the scammers are trying to persuade you that the best choice is to close your eyes and click “OK”. If you will know the ways, which adware uses to get into your computer, it might help you to protect your machine.
If you want to understand, why web-criminals are creating advertising programs, and are they profitable, we will tell you. Actually, at its high value, rightful advertisement attracts not many clients. You cannot just place the advertisement on the famous website, because it will cost a lot. Search engines offer more targeted advertising techniques, but they are not as effective as Topnewsonline.net. According to the statistics, this ad on the web-site can attract an average of no more than ten percent of all customers which have seen an ad. We will precise that 10 percent is the incredibly great outcome, but generally the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertisement tool can lead almost all its victims to the needed website and it will cost less. Most people don’t consider adware harmful, until their machines are absolutely dead, and use infected laptops for years, experiencing significant discomfort while surfing the Web, and considering that this is OK. Suchlike users are assuring a regular flow of visitors to perilous sites, assisting them to exist for a long time.
Now, when virus is eliminated, we want to explain you how to shield your system from viruses for a long time. Except the antivirus, there is another thing that might protect your machine and your files against unwanted malicious software: it’s your own skill. Most often, the user is the weakest place of security system that allows malware to enter the machine. To prevent the infection you need to follow some advices, so we created a list for you:
- The anti-viral tool on your laptop should always be properly updated and enabled. Some viruses might ask you to switch the anti-viral program off. It may come in form of the system message or in different manner. You shouldn’t listen to suchlike requests.
- Do not disregard the browser advices. Internet browsers also can detect the viral web-sites, and they know when you try to perform something unwanted. If the browser notifies you that the website is perilous – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- Do not use the capabilities of malicious web-sites. These are all the types of websites with X-rated content, web-sites of foreign exchange brokers and cheapjack web-sites, which spread pirated content or substandard products.
- You should closely observe the installation of any software. License agreement is very annoying, and contains a bunch of unnecessary info, but if you’ll read it – you may find something considerable. If we’re talking about the paid tool, created by prominent software developers such as Microsoft, Piriform or Skype, you can rely on their name. But if you will try to install pirated programs in similar way, you’ll put at risk your computer and the information kept on it. If during the installing you are given the choice between a “recommended” and “for advanced users” manner of installing – choose the “complex” variant.
- E-mails are the very comfortable technique for hackers to distribute perilous software. If you got a message, which you didn’t expect, and you don’t know who send it – you should not click on it.
- The backups should be kept on an external hard drive. If the machine is often attacked by perilous software, the rightest choice would be to store the significant data on an external hard drive that may become your backup if the system will be heavily contaminated.
The advices are easy, but the benefits from the adherence to them are very high. If you think that this article should include more info or want to report a problem during the disposal of Topnewsonline.net – make the “comments” field and we will help you soon.