Recently our attention was drawn by Staysafedownloads.com virus, and today we’ll review it. The item describes the simplest ways to delete Staysafedownloads.com from user’s workstation, and from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari. If your browser has started to behave strangely, if ads appear on every page, home page and search engines were switched – on this website we will help you to solve your issue.
Staysafedownloads.com adware is the program that is involved solely in advertising doings. After the infection, Staysafedownloads.com begins to place ads, and performs it in all imaginable methods. Advertising banners, redirects, pop-ups, malicious links and the manipulation with the results of search queries – it’s a brief list of its methods. Everybody knows that search engines are carefully checking the web-sites that are displayed to you. Each page is thoroughly tested, and only the best ones can pass this test. Web-sites, which failed the inspection, automatically fall into the category of “malicious”. The test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really big, as thousands of websites of varying quality are designed every day, and the new, articles, pages and sections emerge on the websites that are already checked. The installation of adware actually declines all services of good search engines, and victim’s browser becomes highly vulnerable to all other viruses. Staysafedownloads.com hasn’t enough resources to test the web-sites like search engines do. If you type a search query in the infected browser, Staysafedownloads.com simply chooses the random site of several hundred that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. You have almost 100% chance that this webpage is viral, and has no relation to the thing that you need to find. Staysafedownloads.com shows it to you only because the website owners have paid to the makers of virus, obliging them to make a certain number of link clicks. Malware is not interested in user’s preferences, and pays no attention to his needs. Adware needs you to see as much ads as you can, until you know that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Staysafedownloads.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Staysafedownloads.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Staysafedownloads.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Malware can infect customer’s computer in lots of ways, in attempts to make the operator to install a malicious file. Advertising programs do it another way. Actually, adware aren’t really dangerous and can’t be named “viruses”. They can annoy user; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, although they cannot inflict direct injury to your computer and the private information. In this regard, advertising programs are spreaded absolutely legal. Many people download it by themselves, from its website. The most common manner is the bundled installation with other toll-free software.
You should know what is the bundled installation technique. The manner is simple: harmful files are included to the installer of free program. This file is completely closed, and its content cannot be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that customer can perform and he, in most cases, does it. This means that if customer installs the tool that you searched for, malware will install too. Adware is spreading in legal ways, so, it is obligatorily for them to notify you about their installation, and gain the permission. When the adware is outside the machine the man still has a chance to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is named “installation for experienced users”. The option comes in a separate window, during installation, where you are asked to pick the installation way between “recommended” and “for professional users”. The easy way lets the adware to choose what to install. And, most often, it decides to install everything. If you pick the second way, you will see all programs, prepared for the installation, and will be able to choose personally, which tools to install. Names of installation ways may be different, but the point is always the same – the swindlers are trying to show that it is better to close your eyes and press “Yes”. If you will be aware of the methods that malicious programs use to invade your system, it might help you to protect your PC.
If you wanna understand, why hackers are developing advertising programs, and is it profitable, we can explain it. Actually, at its big price, legitimate advertisement brings too few customers. Man can’t just place the advertising on top of the reputable web-site, because it will cost a lot. Search engines offer more complex advertising techniques, but they cannot compare with Staysafedownloads.com’s productivity. At the same time, this ad on the web-page attracts no more than ten percent of all users which have seen a banner. We will specify that 10% is a phenomenally good outcome, but commonly the count goes on tenths of a percent. Advertisement program can lead almost all customers to the needed page at lower cost. The majority of customers don’t consider adware dangerous, until their machines are completely dead, and use those machines for years, having significant discomfort during the use of Web, and thinking that this is OK. Suchlike customers provide a continuous flow of visitors to suspicious web-sites, helping them to stay afloat for a many years.
Now, if malware is eliminated, we want to teach you how to avoid infection for a long time. Except the anti-virus, there is one thing that will shield your PC and your files against unwanted hazardous software: it’s your own skill. Programs don’t allow mistakes, but customers do, and such errors are the only cause of adware infections. To prevent the infection you have to abide to some rules, so we created a list for you:
- Anti-virus is the first line of your system’s security, so it should be enabled and updated. Even if you’ll suddenly see the pop-up window with the request to disable an antivirus to upgrade anything, you shouldn’t do that. Reputable software species do not need you to switch off the anti-virus for their work, so the message is try to infect your computer.
- You should not disregard the prompts of your browser. Browsers have their own methods of malware tracking and reaction on operator’s dangerous doings. If the browser notifies you that a particular web-page is hazardous – you shouldn’t visit it.
- Don’t use the services of untrusted websites. These are any sort of web-sites with services “for adults”, sites of ForEx brokers and cheapjack web-pages, which spread free programs or substandard products.
- You should watch closely for the installation of all programs. License agreement is very boring, and consists of a bunch of useless data, but there might be something important. If you are installing the paid program, designed by world-known software creators such as Apple, Kaspersky or Piriform, you can believe in their fame. But if you will try to rely on the pirated software in similar way, you’ll put at risk your laptop and the data stored on it. When you install any software, it could give you the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” way of installing – pick the second option.
- Be careful with e-mails. If you receive a message, which you did not wait for, and you don’t know the sender – you should not open it.
- Always copy significant information on an external drive. If the PC is often attacked by hazardous programs, the rightest decision would be to store the significant files on an external media, which may be your backup if the system will be critically contaminated.
These tips are simple, but the advantages from the adherence to them are really high. If you can include something to this item or need to report a problem in time of the removal of Staysafedownloads.com – type the “comments” field and we will help you soon.