Few days ago we mentioned Seen on Screen virus, and today we’ll review it. The guide describes the most comfortable and reliable techniques to delete Seen on Screen from customer’s computer, as well as from all popular browsers. This virus has few symptoms: unauthorized variation of browser settings, slow work of browser, lots of ads and redirections to unknown sites.
The only function that Seen on Screen advertising extensions can do – is to show ads. After contact with the your laptop, adware begins to generate ads, and makes it in all possible methods. The manipulation with the results of search queries, redirects, advertising banners, malicious links and pop-ups – it’s a short description of its methods. As you know, search engines are thoroughly checking the web-pages that are shown to the user. Web-pages are carefully tested, and control might be passed only by those ones that meet all the requirements. Sites that do not pass this inspection, can be named “suspicious”. This test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to perform it is really big, because thousands of sites of different quality are produced every day, and the new, pages, partitions and articles appear on the tested web-sites. But, when the client installs advertising tool, he refuses all features of his search engine, and replaces it with adware. Virus has neither the resources nor the staff to check the sites like Yahoo does. If you enter something on the compromised browser, the unwanted software simply selects the random site of several dozen that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. You have almost 100% chance that this web-site is viral, and isn’t related to the thing that you need to find. Seen on Screen shows it to you only because the site owners have made an agreement with the scammers, obliging them to provide a certain amount of web-site visits. Malware does not need that you will be a regular client, or have been pleased by its work. It will make you see as much banners as you can, until you understand that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Seen on Screen from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Seen on Screen from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Seen on Screen: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses can invade man’s machine in many methods, trying to force you to download a malicious file. Commercial programs have no need to try so hard. Actually, the advertising utilities aren’t harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive user mad; they make the Internet browsing hard as hell, but they can’t inflict any harm to your workstation and the files, stored on it. This is the reason, why advertising utilities are distributed in legal ways. Many users download it personally, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most common method is the download in one package with useful unpaid tools.
You should know what is the bundled installation method. This way is plain: infected files are added to the.Exe file of the wanted program. Such file can’t be inspected, and you can’t see what’s in there. Installation is the only action that customer can perform and he, in most cases, does this. It means that if you’ll install the tool that you wanted to, virus installs too. Even if adware calls lots of inconveniences, it is completely lawful, since it doesn’t spoil the PC and data. At the moment of penetration you still have some chances to avoid infection. The opportunity to do so is called “installation for experienced users”. The option can be found in a separate box, during installation, where you are asked to select the installation method between “easy” and “difficult”. The first technique is that you just click install button until the installation process will end. If you pick the advanced manner, you will be shown a list of programs, prepared for the installation, and will have the ability to choose personally, what to install. Names of installation ways might be different, but the core is very simple – the hackers want to urge you that it is better to stop thinking and press “OK”. If you will be aware of the methods, which viruses use to penetrate your PC, it might assist you to avoid infection.
If you want to know, why web-criminals are making adware, and is it profitable, we will tell you. That’s really simple: the cost of the rightful advertisement is major and its efficiency is too low. You can’t just put the advertising on top of the reputable web-site, because it will cost a lot. Google and Yahoo provide more complex advertising techniques, but they cannot compare with adware’s productivity. For advertising on the web-pages, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We want to itemize that ten percent is the unbelievably good outcome, but commonly the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Adware is leading 90% of users to the needed web-site and it will cost less. Usually, customers do not consider adware harmful, until their computers are absolutely clogged, and use infected laptops for years, suffering the different issues while surfing the Internet, and thinking that this is the usual thing. Suchlike people are ensuring a permanent flow of visitors to perilous web-sites, allowing them to stay afloat for a many years.
If you executed all steps accurately, perilous program must be uninstalled for now, and now you should shield your PC from all other threats. You know that the anti-viral program is the groundwork of your machine’s security, but just program isn’t enough. Software don’t allow errors, but customers do, and such failures are the only cause of viral infections. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your PC to remain protected:
- The anti-virus on your computer should always be properly updated and turned on. Some malware may ask you to disable the anti-virus. It may come in form of the system message or in different manner. Such requests are definitely viral, and you should disregard them.
- Do not disregard the browser prompts. Browsers also can find the perilous web-sites, and they understand when user wants to do something unwanted. If the browser says to you that the website is suspicious – do not visit it.
- You shouldn’t use the capabilities of untrusted websites. By the word “dangerous”, we mean all the types of sites with X-rated content, web-pages of ForEx brokers and cheapjack web-pages, which distribute pirated software or substandard products.
- Always watch carefully for the installing of all programs. License agreement is too massive, and there is a bunch of useless data, but there might be something useful. During the installation of the worthy software, designed by reputed software developers such as Apple, Skype or Adobe, you can rely on their fame. But if you are going to install pirated software in this way, you will put at risk your PC and the files kept there. If during the installation you are given the choice between a “common” and “for advanced users” type of installing – pick the second option.
- Be cautious with e-mail messages. If you got a message that you did not wait for, and you do not know who send it – it is better not to open it.
- Always save significant files on an external media. If your system is often attacked by adware, the best choice would be to store the important info on an external media that might help you in the case of highly perilous infection.
These rules are simple, but the fruit of adherence to them is really big. If you think that this item should include more info or need to get rid of an issue in time of the disposal of Seen on Screen – write it in the “comments” box and we will help you ASAP.