Lately we mentioned a virus named Search.mysearch.com, and in this article we’ll tell you everything that you should know about it. The guide describes the easiest methods to uninstall Search.mysearch.com from your system, as well as from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera. Symptoms of this malicious software are: decreased speed of browser’s work, unauthorized modification of browser settings, abundance of advertisement and redirections to untrusted web-sites.
Search.mysearch.com adware is the program that is involved exclusively in advertising doings. After contact with the user’s computer, advertising program starts to generate banners, and makes it in all possible manners. Redirects, pop-ups, the manipulation with the results of search queries, malicious links and advertising banners – it’s a short description of its techniques. Search engines do a big job: they check all the sites on the Net to let the user see only the safest ones. Web-pages are thoroughly checked, and control can be passed only by those ones that are absolutely good. All other sites might be called unsafe, or even dangerous. The examination is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really huge, because thousands of sites of varying grades are created daily, and the new, sections, pages and articles emerge on the sites, which are already tested. The installation of adware, in fact, declines all advantages of well-known search engines, and victim’s browser becomes very vulnerable to all other viruses. Search.mysearch.com has neither the resources nor the employees to index the websites as Google does. When you type anything via the infected browser, virus simply chooses the most appropriate site of several hundred that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-site is dangerous, and has no relation to your request. Malware shows it on the first position just because the website owners have paid to the web-criminals, obliging them to provide a certain amount of page views. Virus is not interested in man’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he wants. Search.mysearch.com will make you pass as much links as it is possible, until you understand that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Search.mysearch.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Search.mysearch.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Search.mysearch.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware might infect your computer in various manners, trying to make the customer to install a malicious file. Commercial software do it another way. In fact, the advertising utilities aren’t really dangerous and cannot be named “viruses”. They can drive user crazy; they make the Web browsing hard as hell, yet they cannot cause direct injury to your computer and the private files. In this regard, adware is spreaded by legal methods. Some victims install it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most popular way is the download in one package with other toll-free programs.
You should know what is the additional installation method. This way is plain: virus files are added to the.Exe file of the wanted software. The file cannot be opened, and you can’t see what’s inside. The only action that user can perform with such file is to install it. Thus, if victim installs the needed program, adware will install too. Even if advertising software causes some uncomfortable effects, it is completely legal, since it doesn’t injure the system and the information, kept on it. When the virus is outside the PC you still have few chances to avoid it. This chance is called “advanced installation”. The choice comes in a special window, during installation, where the virus asks you to select the installation manner between “easy” and “for experienced users”. The recommended way means that you just click OK button until the installation process will end. If you choose the advanced manner, you will see all programs, prepared for the installation, and will be able to decide personally, what to install. In fact, no matter how the installation methods are named – truth is that the web want the customer to be stupid and abide to their instructions. We hope that knowing the techniques that suspicious programs use to get into your PC, it might assist you to protect your system.
If you wanna understand, why scammers are making adware, and are they profitable, we can explain it. That’s really easy: the price of the rightful advertisement is large and its efficiency is too low. Man can’t just place the banner on the well-known web-site, because it is really expensive. Advertising placement of the web-site in search results of any search engine is even more expensive. For advertising on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We should itemize that 10 percent is the unbelievably good outcome, but generally the count is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertisement program can redirect 90% of victims to the specified page and it will cost less. Usually, people don’t consider adware harmful, until their computers are absolutely clogged, and use infected computers for years, having different issues during the use of Internet, and thinking that this is OK. These people are creating a permanent flow of victims to suspicious web-pages, assisting them to work for a long time.
Now, when this perilous program is deleted, we will tell you how to avoid viruses in the future. Everybody knows that the anti-viral tool is the foundation of security for your PC, but just software isn’t enough. In most cases, the user is the weak link of anti-viral system that allows unwanted program to enter the PC. There are few rules that you should know, if you want to keep your PC safe:
- Anti-virus is the frontline of your PC’s protection, so it should be decent and updated. Some adware might ask you to turn the anti-viral program off. It might come in form of the system message or in other manner. You don’t need to listen to such requests.
- You shouldn’t neglect the browser prompts. Browsers also can find the hazardous sites, and they know when man wants to perform something unwanted. If your browser warns you that a particular site is possibly viral – don’t go to this site.
- You shouldn’t use the facilities of hazardous sites. By the word “unreliable”, we mean all the types of web-sites with X-rated content, foreign exchange broker’s sites and third-class web-sites, which spread free content or substandard products.
- You have carefully follow the installing of all programs. User agreement is too massive, and consists of a lot of useless information, but there might be something important. If you are installing the good program, made by internationally renowned software makers such as Apple, Kaspersky or Adobe, you can believe in their name. But the novice developers always need funds, and they often accept to distribute adware through their own software. When you install any software, it may show you the option between a “common” and “complex” way of installation – pick the “advanced” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mails. If you receive a letter, which you did not wait for, and you do not know the sender – we strongly advise you not to open it.
- Always store significant information on an external hard drive. If the PC is often attacked by undesired software, the right choice would be to store the significant information on an external hard disk, which might assist you if the workstation will be critically infected.
These rules are plain, but the fruit of adherence to them is priceless. If you can add something to this guide or need to get rid of an issue during the elimination of Search.mysearch.com – write it in the “comments” box and we will help you ASAP.