On this page, we will review the perilous adware named S.popular123.com, and help you to get rid of it. The article describes the most comfortable and reliable manners to uninstall S.popular123.com from the system, and from Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. This virus has few symptoms: lowered speed of browser’s work, redirections to third-grade web-pages, abundance of promotional banners and unauthorized variation of browser settings.
S.popular123.com adware is the program that is engaged solely in advertising doings. After the infection, adware begins to generate banners, and performs it in all imaginable methods. Advertising banners, the change of the results of search queries, malicious links, redirections and p-ups – this is a brief description of its techniques. As you know, search engines are meticulously filtering the sites that are shown to users. Each page is meticulously tested, and only the best ones can pass this test. Sites, which failed this inspection, can be called “dangerous”. The test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really big, because tens of thousands of websites of different grades are created every day, and the new, pages, sections and articles appear on the sites, which are already checked. But, when the client installs advertising tool, he declines the services of the reputable search engine, and replaces them with adware services. Virus has neither the money nor the people to check the sites like search engines do. When you enter anything via the infected browser, S.popular123.com just chooses the most appropriate web-site of several thousand that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. User has a 99% chance that this web-page is malicious, and isn’t related to the thing that you want to find. Adware shows it to you just because the web-site owners have made an agreement with the hackers, obliging them to generate a certain amount of link clicks. S.popular123.com isn’t interested in victim’s preferences, and pays no attention to his needs. It wants you to see as much banners as it is possible, until you realize that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove S.popular123.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove S.popular123.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove S.popular123.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware can get into the user’s workstation in lots of ways, in attempts to trick you to download a harmful file. Adware have no need to try so hard. In fact, the advertisement utilities aren’t harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive anyone crazy; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, but they cannot inflict any damage to the customer’s workstation and the data, stored on it. This explains, why adware is distributed by legal methods. Many users download it personally, after they read and confirm the EULA. The most common technique is the bundled installation with useful unpaid programs.
The manner of bundled installation has to be discussed severally, as it’s the very widespread cause of penetration by malware and hijackers, as well as by all kinds of fraud browsers and extensions. The manner is plain: harmful files are added to the installer of toll-free program. This file is completely closed, and its content can’t be seen. The only action that victim can do with this file is installation. This means that if you’ll install the wanted tool, malware will install too. Even if adware causes some uncomfortable effects, it is totally legal, since it doesn’t spoil your machine and files. Until S.popular123.com has not crawled into the computer the customer still has a chance to avoid it. “Installation for experienced users” is the chance to intercept the malicious program before it enters your system. It comes in a special window, during installation, where the program asks you to choose the installation process type between “preferable” and “for seasoned users”. The recommended way is that you will simply press yes button until the installation procedure will end. If you choose the second way, you will see all files, prepared for the installation, and will be able to decide personally, what to install. In fact, it doesn’t matter how the installation methods are called – essence is that the criminals want you to be dumb and abide to their instructions. If you will be aware of the ways, which viruses use to infect your PC, it may help you to avoid infection.
If you want to understand, why scammers are making advertising programs, and is it profitable, we will tell you. That’s really simple: the value of the legitimate advertising is major and its effectiveness is too poor. The disposition of any advertising on any website costs the money, and the price is increasing in direct proportion to the web-site attendance. Google, Yahoo and Bing provide more targeted advertising techniques, but they can’t compare with S.popular123.com’s efficiency. According to the statistics, this advertising on the web-page attracts no more than ten percent of all customers who have seen a banner. We will precise that ten percent is the unbelievably great outcome, but generally the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can redirect 100% of customers to the needed page and it will cost less. Many users do not believe that adware is harmful, until their PCs are completely clogged, and use infected computers for years, experiencing big discomfort during the use of Internet, and considering that it’s OK. These customers are ensuring a continuous flow of visitors to untrusted websites, assisting them to work for a many years.
Now, since virus is removed, you should understand how to defend your machine from viruses in the future. Everybody knows that the anti-viral program is the groundwork of security for your workstation, but one tool isn’t enough. Most often, the customer is the weak place of security system that allows adware to enter the machine. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your laptop to remain protected:
- The anti-viral tool on your machine must always be properly updated and activated. Some malware can ask you to turn the antivirus off. It might be executed in form of the system message or in different way. Such messages are absolutely viral, and you must disregard them.
- You shouldn’t disregard the browser prompts. Browsers have their own manners of adware finding and resistance against your hazardous doings. If your browser warns you that a particular site is dangerous – don’t go to this site.
- Don’t use the facilities of suspicious websites. When we say “hazardous”, we mean all the kinds of websites with services “for adults”, sites of ForEx brokers and shoddy web-pages that distribute free programs or substandard products.
- Always carefully follow the installation of any software. EULA is very boring, and there is a lot of unnecessary data, but if you’ll inspect it – you might find something considerable. During the installation of the worthy program, designed by prominent software developers such as Microsoft, Adobe or Skype, you can rely on their reputation. But the unknown developers always need funds, and they easily agree to distribute viruses through their own software. If in time of the installation you are given the option between a “common” and “for advanced users” manner of installation – pick the “advanced” variant.
- Be watchful with e-mail letters. If you gain a message that you did not expect, and you don’t know who send it – it is better not to click on it.
- Always copy significant data on an external hard drive. If your system is often attacked by malware, the rightest solution would be to store the important info on an external hard drive that might be your backup if the workstation will be heavily contaminated.
If you listen to these hints, you might avoid getting any adware. If you can add something to this guide or need to get rid of an issue during the elimination of S.popular123.com – write it in the “comments” box and we will answer you ASAP.