This week our attention was drawn by Odbabo.info virus, and today we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about it. This article includes the most comfortable and reliable manners to delete Odbabo.info from customer’s computer, and from Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. If the browser has started to behave strangely, if you see an advertisement on each website, home page and search engines have changed – in this article we will solve your problem.
The only thing that Odbabo.info adware can do – is to place ads on every new tab. When advertising program crawls into customer’s laptop, it immediately starts to generate advertising. Redirections, malicious links, advertising banners, the change of the results of search queries and p-ups – this is a brief description of its techniques. Everybody knows that search engines are carefully checking the content that is displayed to the user. Websites are carefully checked, and examination may be passed only by the best ones. All other sites can be named suspicious, or even hazardous. The process is named indexing, and it takes a great amount of staff and resources, because thousands of web-sites of varying quality are produced every day, and the new, papers, sectors and pages appear on the web-sites that are already tested. But, when the client installs Odbabo.info, he refuses all advantages of the reputable search engine, and replaces it with malware. Virus hasn’t enough resources to check the web-sites like search engines do. When you type a search query in the compromised browser, the malicious software just picks the most appropriate site of few hundred that are kept in its list, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-site is untrusted, and isn’t related to the thing that you want to find. Virus puts it on the first place just because the site owners have paid to the swindlers, obliging them to make a certain amount of link clicks. Adware isn’t interested in victim’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. Odbabo.info will force you see as much pop-ups as you can, until you understand that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Odbabo.info from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Odbabo.info from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Odbabo.info: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses might get onto your laptop in many ways, trying to trick the operator to let virus penetrate the computer. Adware don’t need to try so hard. Actually, adware aren’t malicious and can’t be named “viruses”. They can drive anyone mad; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, although they cannot cause direct injury to your laptop and the private files. In this regard, adware is distributed absolutely legal. Many customers download it personally, after they read and confirm the EULA. The most common technique is an installation in one package with other unpaid programs.
Let’s talk about the bundled installation technique. This manner is easy: infected files are added to the installer of useful program. Such file is completely closed, and you can’t see what you are downloading. The only thing that man can do with such file is installation. Thus, if you will install the program that you wanted to, virus installs too. Ads are distributed in legal ways, so, they need to notify you about their installation, and gain the permission. When the adware is outside the machine the victim still has few chances to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is called “installation for professional users”. The choice comes in a special window, during installation, where the installer asks you to choose the installation manner between “preferable” and “for experienced users”. The first method lets the adware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it chooses to install all trash that is there. If you pick the second technique, you will see the list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will have the chance to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation ways may be different, but the core is always the same – the web want to persuade you that it is better to stop thinking and press “Install”. We hope that understanding the ways, which malware uses to get into your system, it may assist you to protect your laptop.
If you want to understand, why there are so much advertising programs, and is it profitable, we can tell you. In fact, at its high cost, legitimate advertising attracts not many clients. The placing of any advertising on any website costs lots of money, and the price increases in direct proportion to the value of the web-site itself. Commercial disposition of the site in search results of any search engine is even more expensive. At the same time, this ad on any website attracts no more than 10% of all users that have seen it. We will precise that 10 percent is the incredibly great outcome, but usually the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can redirect almost all victims to the needed page and it will cost less. Most customers do not consider adware harmful, until their computers are absolutely clogged, and use those computers for years, experiencing big discomfort when browsing the Web, and thinking that this is normal. These users provide a regular flow of victims to untrusted websites, allowing them to function for a many years.
Now, since adware is uninstalled, you should understand how to defend your computer from viral threats for a long time. Besides the antivirus, there is another thing that might shield your hard drive and your information against unwanted malicious software: it’s your own attainments. Software don’t allow failures, but users do, and these errors are the only cause of malware infections. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want to keep your computer safe:
- The anti-virus on your workstation should always be updated to the newest version and activated. Some viruses might ask you to switch the anti-viral software off. It might be made in form of a pop-up window or in other manner. Such requests are absolutely viral, and you must ignore them.
- Do not ignore the prompts of your browser. Browsers have very nice methods of adware finding and reaction on operator’s dangerous actions. If the browser gives you a warning you about the peril of a particular web-page – do not visit it.
- Don’t use the services of hazardous web-pages. These are any type of web-sites with pornographic content, sites of ForEx brokers and low-grade websites that spread free programs or defective goods.
- Always watch closely for the installing of any tools. License agreement is too long, and contains a bunch of useless information, but there might be something useful. During the installation of the good tool, made by internationally renowned software vendors such as Microsoft, Kaspersky or Piriform, you can rely on their fame. But if you are installing pirated programs in this manner, you will endanger your PC and the data kept on it. When you install any program, it might give you the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” way of installing – pick the “complex” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mails. If you got a message, which you did not wait for, and you do not know who send it – you should not click on it.
- The backups must be stored on an external drive. If the PC is often subjected to attacks of viruses, the wisest choice would be to store the significant information on an external hard drive, which will be your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
The rules are easy, but the fruit of adherence to them is priceless. If some of your questions are still unanswered – explain it in the “comments” box and we will reply to you ASAP.