On this page, we want to review the perilous virus named Obzhora.net, and explain you how to uninstall it. The item describes the best techniques to delete Obzhora.net from the machine, as well as from all well-known browsers. If your browser has started to operate slower than usual, if advertisement emerges on each page, start page and search engines were switched – on this website we will solve your problem.
Obzhora.net adware is the virus that is engaged solely in advertising doings. When adware sneaks into your computer, it immediately starts to generate ads. Pop-ups, advertising banners, the manipulation with the results of search queries, redirects and malicious links – it’s a short list of its manners. Everybody knows that search engines are thoroughly checking the content that is displayed to customers. Each page is carefully checked, and only the best ones can pass this examination. All other websites can be called suspicious, or even perilous. The test is named indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to proceed it is really big, as thousands of web-sites of different quality are made every day, and the new, sections, pages and papers appear on the sites, which are already tested. But, when the customer installs adware, he declines all advantages of the reputable search engine, and replaces it with virus. Adware has neither the money nor the people to test the websites like Yahoo does. If you enter anything via the infected browser, the undesired tool simply chooses the web-page of few hundred that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this webpage is dangerous, and isn’t related to the thing that you need to find. Adware puts it on the first position just because the site owners have paid to the swindlers, obliging them to make a certain number of page visits. Virus doesn’t expect that you will be a regular customer, or to be satisfied by its work. Adware will force you see as much ads as it is possible, until you realize that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Obzhora.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Obzhora.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Obzhora.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Suspicious programs might penetrate customer’s computer in lots of manners, in attempts to trick the user to download a viral file. Adware do it another way. Officially, adware are not malicious and can’t be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they make the Web surfing hard as hell, although they can’t cause direct harm to your system and the private data. In this regard, advertising utilities are spreaded absolutely legal. Lots of people install it by themselves, from the web page. The most efficient way is the download in bundle with other free programs.
The method of bundled penetration has to be explained severally, as it’s the very popular way of infection by adware and hijackers, as well as by all types of counterfeit browsers and add-ons. This manner is not difficult: viral files are included to the installer of free tool. Such file cannot be checked, and its contents can’t be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that customer can do and he, in most cases, does it. Thus, if customer installs the program that you searched for, malware will install too. Ads are spreading in legal ways, so, it is obligatorily for them to inform you of their actions, and receive the permission. At the stage of downloading you still have a chance to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to intercept the virus until it penetrates the computer. It comes in a separate window, during installation, where you are asked to select the installation method between “easy” and “complex”. The first method lets the malware to choose what to install. And, most often, it chooses to install everything. If you pick the advanced method, you will see all files, ready to be installed, and will have the ability to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation ways might be different, but the point is always the same – the web want to urge you that it is better to close your eyes and press “OK”. We hope that understanding the techniques, which adware uses to infiltrate your PC, it may help you to avoid infection.
If you wanna know, why hackers are making adware, and is it profitable, we can explain it. That’s really simple: the value of the legitimate ads is too big and its performance is too low. The deployment of any advertisement on any website costs lots of money, and the cost increases in direct proportion to the value of the web-page itself. Search engines provide more complex advertising strategies, but they aren’t as productive as Obzhora.net. For advertising on the web-sites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We must precise that ten percent is a phenomenally great result, but more often the count is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertisement program is leading almost all victims to the specified website at lower cost. The majority of users do not consider adware harmful, until their computers are totally clogged, and use infected laptops for years, having great discomfort when browsing the Internet, and thinking that it’s the usual thing. Such users are providing a steady flow of victims to suspicious web-pages, assisting them to exist for a long time.
If you fulfilled all steps accurately, Obzhora.net must be eliminated for now, and now you have to secure your system from the future viral attacks. Except the anti-virus, there is another thing that might shield your PC and your information against unwanted undesired programs: it’s your own skill. Software don’t allow mistakes, but humans do, and such mistakes are the main cause of virus infections. There are few rules that you should know, if you want your laptop to remain safe:
- The anti-virus on your workstation always has to be properly updated and activated. Some malware can ask you to switch the anti-virus off. It might be executed in form of the system message or in other manner. You must not abide to such requests.
- You should not ignore the advices of your browser. Internet browsers also can recognize the dangerous web-pages, and they see when operator wants to perform something unwanted. If your browser says to you that a particular web-page is hazardous – do not go to this site.
- Man should avoid making any actions on the suspicious websites. These are all the sorts of sites with pornographic content, websites of ForEx brokers and low-grade web-pages, which distribute free media-files or low-quality products.
- You should carefully supervise the installation of any tools. EULA is too massive, and contains a bunch of unnecessary data, but there might be something substantial. During the installation of the good program, created by prominent software creators such as Microsoft, Piriform or Kaspersky, you can trust in their name. But if you are going to install free software in such way, you’ll jeopardize your workstation and the data kept there. When you install any program, it may show you the choice between a “recommended” and “complex” type of installation – choose the “advanced” option.
- Be cautious with e-mails. If you have a message, which you did not wait for, and you don’t know who send it – you shouldn’t open it.
- Always copy important information on an external hard drive. If the system is often subjected to attacks of adware, the wisest choice would be to keep the important info on an external media, which might assist you in the case of really perilous infection.
If you listen to all these rules, you will avoid getting any viral infection. If you can attach something to this article or need to get rid of an issue during the removal of Obzhora.net – explain it in the “comments” field and we will answer you soon.