In this article, we will tell you about the hazardous malware named Newsfor24pro.com, and help you to remove it. This item describes the easiest methods to eliminate Newsfor24pro.com from your machine, and from all common browsers. This virus has few symptoms: slow work of browser, unauthorized change of browser settings, redirections to suspicious web-sites and lots of ads.
The only function that Newsfor24pro.com adware can perform – is to place ads on each new tab. When adware breaks into the workstation, it immediately starts to generate ads. Redirects, advertising banners, malicious links, pop-ups and the manipulation with the results of search queries – it’s a brief description of its techniques. Search engines do an important job: they check all the pages on the Internet to show the user only the safest ones. Each website is meticulously checked, and only the most qualitative ones can pass this examination. Web-sites that do not pass this test, can be named “dangerous”. The process is named indexing, and it takes a great numbers of people and resources, as thousands of web-sites of different quality are produced each day, and the new, pages, partitions and papers appear on the web-sites, which are already tested. But, when the man installs Newsfor24pro.com, he declines the features of his search engine, and replaces it with adware. Virus has neither the resources nor the staff to test the sites like search engines do. If you enter anything in the compromised browser, virus just selects the random site of few dozen that are kept in its memory, and shows it to you. Customer has a 99% probability that this website is dangerous, and has no relation to the thing that you wanted to find. Virus shows it on the first position just because the owners of this website have paid to the hackers, obliging them to generate a certain amount of page visits. Newsfor24pro.com doesn’t care about victim’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he needs. Virus will force you click as much links as you can, until you understand that you are tricked.
Step 1. Remove Newsfor24pro.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Newsfor24pro.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Newsfor24pro.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Undesired software may penetrate man’s computer in lots of manners, in attempts to trick you to download a malicious file. Adware do it another way. Officially, adware are not malicious and can’t be called “viruses”. They can drive anyone crazy; they interfere to surf the Web, although they can’t inflict any harm to your computer and the data, stored on it. In this regard, adware is spreaded completely legal. Many customers install it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most popular method is an installation in one package with useful unpaid programs.
Let’s talk about the additional installation manner. The way is not difficult: viral files are attached to the.Exe file of toll-free software. Such file can’t be inspected, and you can’t see what you are installing. The only thing that user can perform with such file is installation. It means that if you’ll install the needed software, adware will install too. Ads are distributed legally, so, they need to inform the user of their actions, and ask for allowance. When the malware isn’t inside the computer you still have a chance to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the chance to intercept the malicious program until it enters your machine. The option can be found in a special box, during installation, where the virus asks you to pick the installation method between “easy” and “complex”. The first method is that you will simply install anything that is in this file, even if there will be dozens of totally worthless programs. If you choose the second manner, you will see the list of files, ready for the installation, and will have the ability to choose personally, what to install. Actually, no matter how the installation ways are named – essence is that the web want you to be dumb and follow their instructions. We hope that understanding the manners, which malware uses to infiltrate your PC, it may help you to protect your system.
Many visitors want to know why people create advertising programs that irritate users so much, if they can simply put ads in designated areas? That’s really simple: the cost of the legal ads is major and its performance is too low. You cannot simply place the ad on the well-known website, because it is really expensive. Google, Yahoo and Bing provide more targeted advertising strategies, but they aren’t as efficient as Newsfor24pro.com. For advertising on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We should precise that 10 percent is the incredibly good result, but more often the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can redirect almost all users to the specified web-site at lower cost. Usually, people don’t understand that adware is harmful, until their computers are totally clogged, and use these PCs for years, experiencing different issues during the use of Internet, and thinking that it’s normal. Such users are providing a permanent flow of visitors to dangerous sites, assisting them to exist for a long time.
Now, since adware is deleted, you should know how to defend your computer from viruses in the future. You know that the antivirus is the basis of your workstation’s defense, but one software isn’t enough. Software don’t make errors, but humans do, and these mistakes are the main cause of virus infections. There are some rules that you should know, if you want to keep your system protected:
- The antivirus on your PC always needs to be properly updated and activated. Some adware might ask you to disable the anti-viral program. It might be shown in form of the system message or in other way. Such messages are absolutely viral, and you should disregard them.
- Do not ignore the browser advices. Internet browsers have very nice manners of threat tracking and reaction on customer’s hazardous actions. If your browser tells you about the peril of a particular site – you shouldn’t visit it.
- You shouldn’t use the facilities of unreliable web-pages. When we say “hazardous”, we mean any type of sites with X-rated content, web-pages of foreign exchange brokers and low-grade web-sites, which distribute free software or bad-quality products.
- You should watch carefully for the installing of all programs. License agreement is quite annoying, and contains a lot of unnecessary information, but there may be something substantial. If you are installing the good tool, created by famous software developers such as Adobe, Skype or Microsoft, you can trust in their name. But the novice developers always need money, and they may agree to bundle their software with viruses. When you install any program, it may show you the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” way of installation – pick the “complex” option.
- E-mail messages are the really convenient technique for web-criminals to spread malware. If you got a message that you did not wait for, and you don’t know who send it – you shouldn’t click on it.
- Always keep important data on an external drive. If your PC is often subjected to attacks of adware, the wisest decision would be to store the important data on an external media that may become your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
The advices are simple, but the fruit of adherence to them is priceless. If you still have some issues to solve – write it in the “comments” box and we will help you as soon as possible.