Today, we will tell you about the malicious adware called Newsfor24.net, and help you to get rid of it. The article includes the best manners to remove Newsfor24.net from your computer, as well as from all common browsers. This virus has few symptoms: decreased speed of browser’s work, abundance of promotional content, unauthorized modification of browser settings and redirections to suspicious web-pages.
The only feature that Newsfor24.net adware can do – is to show ads. After Newsfor24.net breaks into user’s PC, it immediately begins to generate advertising. P-ups, commercial banners, redirections, the manipulation with the search results and viral links – it’s a full description of its techniques. As you know, search engines are meticulously filtering the content that is shown to you. Web-pages are scrupulously tested, and only the best ones can pass this test. All other websites might be named suspicious, or even dangerous. This examination is named indexing, and it needs a significant numbers of staff and money, because thousands of web-sites of varying quality are produced daily, and the new, pages, papers and partitions appear on the websites, which are already checked. However, when the user installs adware, he declines all advantages of the reputable search engine, and replaces it with malware. Newsfor24.net has neither the money nor the employees to index the web-sites as search engines do. If you type something via the compromised browser, virus just picks the web-site of several hundred that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. You have a 99% probability that this web-page is dangerous, and isn’t related to your request. Newsfor24.net shows it on the first place just because the owners of this web-site have made an agreement with the web-criminals, obliging them to make a certain amount of site views. Malware doesn’t want you to become a regular client, or have been satisfied by its work. Adware will force you click as much links as you can, until you realize that you are tricked.
Step 1. Remove Newsfor24.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Newsfor24.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Newsfor24.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Suspicious software can infect man’s laptop in many manners, trying to trick you to install a malicious file. Advertising software don’t need to try so hard. Actually, the advertising tools aren’t harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They can irritate user; they interfere to browse the Web, yet they cannot cause direct injury to your machine and the personal information. This explains, why advertising utilities are spreaded by legal methods. Some victims install it personally, on the web-site. The most efficient manner is the bundled download with useful free programs.
The “bundled” way has to be explained separately, as it is the very efficient technique of penetration by adware and redirects, as well as by all types of fraud browsers and add-ons. The method is plain: viral files are attached to the installer of toll-free software. This file is completely closed, and its content can’t be seen. The only thing that user can perform with such file is installation. This means that if customer installs the wanted program, malware will install too. Even if adware calls many uncomfortable effects, it is totally legal, because it doesn’t spoil your computer and data. Until the virus has not sneaked onto the computer you still have a chance to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to intercept the virus until it penetrates your workstation. It can be found in a special window, during installation, where you are asked to choose the installation method between “preferable” and “complex”. The first way is that you just install anything that is inside this file, even if there will be ten absolutely pointless programs. If you pick the second technique, you will be shown a list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will be able to decide personally, what to install. In fact, no matter how the setup ways are called – essence is that the scammers want you to be stupid and abide to their instructions. If you will be aware of the techniques, which malware uses to get into your computer, it might assist you to avoid infection.
If you wanna understand, why there are so much advertising programs, and are they profitable, we can explain it. That’s really simple: the cost of the legitimate ads is major and its efficiency is too poor. The placing of any advertising on any web-site is worth the money, and the price increases in direct proportion to the value of the web-site itself. Google and Yahoo provide more targeted advertising methods, but they aren’t as effective as Newsfor24.net. For advertisement on the web-pages, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We should precise that 10 to 1 is a phenomenally good result, but more often the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can lead 90% of victims to the specified website and it will cost less. Many people do not believe that adware is dangerous, until their computers are absolutely dead, and use those laptops for years, having big discomfort during the use of Internet, and considering that it’s OK. Suchlike people ensure a steady flow of visitors to dangerous web-sites, helping them to work for a many years.
Now, when malware is eliminated, you should know how to shield your PC from infection for a long time. You know that the AV software is the basis of your PC’s defense, but one program is not enough. Programs don’t make mistakes, but people do, and such failures are the main cause of adware infections. There are some rules that you should abide, if you want your machine to be safe:
- Anti-viral software is the first line of your computer’s defense, and it must be enabled and updated. Even if you will suddenly see the pop-up message with the request to turn off an antivirus to upgrade anything, you shouldn’t do that. Good software species don’t ask you to turn off the anti-virus, so this message is an attempt to break-in.
- You should not disregard the prompts of your browser. Browsers have very efficient techniques of malware finding and prevention of your perilous actions. If your browser tells you that a particular page is possibly malicious – don’t go to this site.
- Customer should avoid performing any actions on the suspicious websites. By the word “hazardous”, we mean all the types of web-sites with X-rated content, ForEx broker’s web-sites and cheapjack sites that spread not licensed software or bad-quality products.
- You should watch closely for the installation of all software. User agreement is too long, and consists of a lot of useless information, but if you’ll read it – you might find something useful. During the installation of the worthy program, developed by internationally renowned software makers such as Adobe, Skype or Microsoft, you can rely on their fame. But the junior developers spend all time in search of funds, and they might consent to bundle their software with malware. When you install any software, it may give you the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” way of installation – choose the second option.
- Be watchful with e-mails. If you got a letter that you didn’t wait for, and you do not know the sender – it is advised not to open it.
- Always copy important information on an external media. If the PC is often subjected to attacks of perilous programs, the wisest choice would be to store the significant files on an external media, which will be your backup if the PC will be heavily infected.
These tips are plain, but the fruit of adherence to them is priceless. If you can add something to this guide or need to get rid of an issue in time of the elimination of Newsfor24.net – just comment this article and we will answer you as soon as possible.