In this guide, we will tell you about the hazardous advertisement program called Mysearch24.com, and help you to uninstall it. This article includes the best techniques to delete Mysearch24.com from your PC, as well as from Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Opera. This virus has few symptoms: abundance of advertisement, lowered speed of browser’s work, redirections to unknown websites and unauthorized change of browser settings.
The only thing that Mysearch24.com adware can perform – is to show ads. After the penetration, adware starts to generate banners, and makes it in all possible manners. Viral links, redirects, pop-ups, advertising banners and the change of the results of search queries – this is a short description of its methods. As you know, search engines are thoroughly checking the content that is displayed to customers. Web-pages are scrupulously checked, and only the most useful ones can pass this test. All other sites can be called unsafe, or even hazardous. This process is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to do it is really huge, as tens of thousands of sites of different quality are produced each day, and the new, partitions, pages and items appear on the web-sites that are already tested. However, when the customer installs advertising tool, he refuses the features of his search engine, and replaces it with malware. Virus hasn’t enough resources to index the websites like Bing does. If you enter something via the compromised browser, virus just selects the most appropriate web-page of several thousand that are stored in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this site is viral, and isn’t related to your request. Adware shows it to you only because the owners of this website have paid to the creators of adware, obliging them to generate a certain number of link clicks. Malware does not need you to be a regular customer, or to be satisfied by its work. It needs you to see as much ads as you can, until you understand that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Mysearch24.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Mysearch24.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Mysearch24.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Undesired tools may invade customer’s computer in various techniques, trying to trick the operator to let virus enter the PC. Adware act differently. In fact, the advertising programs are not harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive anyone mad; they interfere to use the Internet, yet they cannot inflict any harm to your system and the personal info. In this regard, advertising tools are spreaded by legal methods. Some customers download it personally, from the web page. The most efficient way is the bundled installation with other unpaid tools.
The last method must be inspected severally, since it is the very effective manner of penetration by adware and redirects, as well as by all kinds of phony browsers and add-ons. This manner is easy: virus files are attached to the installer of the needed tool. The file can’t be checked, and you can’t see what you are downloading. The only action that customer can do with this file is installation. Thus, if user installs the wanted tool, virus installs too. Even if advertising program brings lots of uncomfortable effects, it is absolutely legal, since it doesn’t injure the computer and the information, kept on it. At the moment of penetration you still have a chance to avoid the problems. “Installation for experienced users” is the chance to stop the malicious program until it enters the computer. The option can be found in a special window, during installation, where the installer asks you to choose the installation process type between “easy” and “for professional users”. The easy way is that you will simply press install button until the installation procedure will end. If you pick the second technique, you will be shown a list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will be able to decide personally, what to install. In fact, no matter how the installation techniques are called – core is that the hackers want you to be dumb and follow the instructions. If you will understand the techniques that dangerous programs use to infect your system, it may assist you to avoid infection.
Many readers want to know why scammers make adware that irritate customers so badly, if they can easily put advertisements in designated areas? That’s really simple: the cost of the rightful advertising is major and its efficiency is too poor. You can’t simply put the ad on the popular web-site, because it is really expensive. Search engines provide more complex advertising strategies, but they can’t compare with Mysearch24.com’s efficiency. According to the statistics, this banner on any website can attract no more than ten percent of all visitors which have seen the advertisement. We must precise that 10% is the incredibly good result, but commonly the count is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware can redirect 100% of its victims to the specified web-page and it will cost less. Many people do not understand that adware is undesired, until their machines are totally clogged, and use infected machines for years, suffering the different problems when browsing the Web, and thinking that it’s the usual thing. These customers provide a constant flow of visitors to dangerous web-pages, helping them to stay afloat for a long time.
Now, since this malicious program is eliminated, we will tell you how to avoid viral threats in the future. Everybody knows that the AV tool is the foundation of defense for your workstation, but just software is not enough. Software don’t allow errors, but humans do, and such mistakes are the only cause of virus infections. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want to keep your PC safe:
- The antivirus on your workstation should always be properly updated and activated. Some malware might ask you to disable the anti-viral program. It may be made in form of the system message or in other manner. You must not abide to suchlike requests.
- You shouldn’t ignore the prompts of your browser. Internet browsers have their own methods of adware detection and opposition against your hazardous doings. If the browser gives you a warning you about the hazard of the website – you shouldn’t visit it.
- User should avoid making any actions on the unreliable web-sites. By the word “untrusted”, we mean all the kinds of sites with services “for adults”, ForEx broker’s websites and third-class web-pages, which spread pirated content or bad-quality goods.
- Always watch carefully for the installation of any tools. User agreement is really annoying, and contains a lot of unnecessary info, but if you’ll read it – you may know something useful. During the installation of the worthy software, developed by world-known software makers such as Microsoft, Skype or Adobe, you can trust in their reputation. But if you are going to install free software in similar manner, you’ll jeopardize your machine and the data kept there. When you install any tool, it might show you the option between a “simple” and “complex” type of installation – pick the “complex” option.
- Be cautious with e-mail messages. If you receive a letter, which you didn’t wait for, and you don’t know who send it – you should not open it.
- The backups should be kept on an external drive. If the system is often subjected to attacks of hazardous software, the safest solution would be to store the important files on an external media, which will help you if the workstation will be critically contaminated.
These advices are plain, but the advantages from the adherence to them are really high. If you think that this item must include more information or want to report a problem during the elimination of Mysearch24.com – type the “comments” box and we will reply to you as soon as possible.