Recently our attention was drawn by MyMapsWizard virus, and now we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about it. This article includes the best manners to remove MyMapsWizard from user’s computer, and from Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. If the browser has started to behave strangely, if you see ads on each site, home page and search engines have changed – in this guide we will solve your issue.
MyMapsWizard adware is the tool that is engaged exclusively in promotional doings. After advertising program crawls into customer’s workstation, it immediately begins to generate advertising. P-ups, malicious links, advertising banners, redirections and the change of the results of search queries – here’s a brief description of its techniques. As you know, search engines are carefully filtering the content that is displayed to you. Each site is thoroughly checked, and only the most useful ones can pass this examination. All other sites may be named suspicious, or even hazardous. The examination is named indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to proceed it is really huge, as tens of thousands of websites of different quality are designed every day, and the new, articles, sections and pages appear on the checked sites. The installation of such virus actually refuses all features of reputable search engines, and victim’s computer becomes completely vulnerable to all other viruses. Malware hasn’t enough resources to test the web-sites like search engines do. When you enter anything on the infected browser, malware simply chooses the random site of few dozen that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this webpage is untrusted, and isn’t related to the thing that you wanted to find. Adware shows it to you only because the owners of this web-site have paid to the web-criminals, obliging them to provide a certain number of link clicks. Malware does not need that you will become a regular client, or to be pleased with its work. Malware will make you see as much pop-ups as you can, until you realize that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove MyMapsWizard from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove MyMapsWizard from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove MyMapsWizard: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Undesired software can get onto your system in many methods, trying to deceive you to let malware penetrate the system. Adware don’t need to try so hard. In fact, adware don’t cause immediate injuries to customer’s computer and can’t be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to use the Web, yet they cannot inflict any harm to your laptop and the personal info. In this regard, advertising tools are distributed by legal methods. Some customers install it personally, from its web page. The most effective way is the bundled download with other free software.
Let’s talk about the additional installation way. The method is simple: viral files are attached to the installer of the wanted software. Such file cannot be checked, and its contents can’t be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that man can do and he, in most cases, does this. This means that if you will install the wanted program, malware will install too. Adware is spreading in legal ways, so, it is necessary for them to notify the customer about their actions, and get the allowance. As long as adware hasn’t crept onto the PC you still have the chances to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the chance to stop the virus until it enters your PC. The choice can be found in a separate window, during installation, where the installer asks you to select the installation manner between “easy” and “complex”. The first way lets the malware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it decides to install all trash that is there. If you choose the second technique, you will see all tools, prepared to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. Actually, no matter how the installation ways are named – core is that the scammers want you to be dumb and abide to the instructions. We hope that understanding the techniques that dangerous programs use to infiltrate your PC, it may help you to protect your system.
Some readers are wondering; why criminals make adware that irritate users so badly, if they can just put ads in designated places? Actually, at its big price, rightful ad attracts not many users. You can’t just put the banner on top of the famous site, because it is really expensive. Google and Yahoo propose more complex advertising methods, but they cannot are not even close to adware’s productivity. At the same time, this ad on any site can attract an average of no more than ten percent of all visitors which have seen an ad. We should itemize that 10% is a phenomenally great result, but ordinarily the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware is leading 90% of its victims to the specified web-site at lower cost. Usually, users don’t consider adware dangerous, until their machines are absolutely dead, and use infected machines for years, experiencing different problems when surfing the Web, and considering that it’s the usual thing. Suchlike people assure a constant flow of victims to perilous web-sites, assisting them to function for a many years.
If you executed all steps correctly, malware must be uninstalled for now, and the only thing left to do is to secure your machine from viral threats. Except the antivirus, there is one thing that might defend your computer and your files against malware: it’s your own skill. Software don’t make errors, but people do, and these failures are the only cause of viral infections. There are few rules that you should know, if you want your workstation to be protected:
- The antivirus on your PC always needs to be updated to the latest version and turned on. Even if you’ll suddenly receive a system message with the request to disable an antivirus to install some software, you should not do that. Reputable tools don’t require disabling the anti-virus for their work, and the message is an attempt to break-in.
- You shouldn’t disregard the browser hints. Internet browsers have their own methods of threat detection and prevention of user’s perilous actions. If the browser gives you a warning you about the peril of some web-site – do not go to this site.
- Never use the capabilities of malicious sites. These are any type of web-sites with services “for adults”, web-pages of foreign exchange brokers and lesser-known sites that spread not licensed programs or defective products.
- You must watch carefully for the installing of all programs. License agreement is quite boring, and consists of a lot of useless data, but if you’ll inspect it – you may know something important. If you are installing the worthy program, made by famous software creators such as Microsoft, Skype or Adobe, you can believe in their fame. But the young developers spend all time in search of money, and they often consent to spread malware with help of their own software. If in time of the installation you are given the option between a “common” and “complex” way of installation – pick the “advanced” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mails. If you gain a message that you did not expect, and you do not know the sender – you shouldn’t click on it.
- The copies must be stored on an external media. If your machine is often subjected to attacks of adware, the rightest solution would be to keep the important files on an external media, which might be your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
If you adhere to these tips, you may avoid getting any viruses. If you can include something to this item or want to get rid of an issue in time of the disposal of MyMapsWizard – just comment this article and we will reply to you as soon as possible.