Lately our attention was drawn by Mellowsurvey.com virus, and on this page we’ll review it. The item describes the simplest manners to uninstall Mellowsurvey.com from the workstation, as well as from Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If your browser has started to behave strangely, if you see ads on every website, start page and search engines have changed – in this article you will find a solution to your issue.
Mellowsurvey.com adware is the tool that is involved exclusively in promotional doings. When Mellowsurvey.com crawls into the system, it immediately starts to generate advertising. Commercial banners, pop-up windows, suspicious links, the switch of the search results and redirections – it’s a short description of its techniques. Some users know that search engines are carefully filtering the content that is shown to the customer. Each page is thoroughly checked, and control might be passed only by those ones that are completely fine. Web-sites that failed this test, automatically fall into the category of “dangerous”. This test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to do it is really big, as thousands of sites of different quality are created daily, and the new, pages, partitions and papers emerge on the websites that are already checked. The installation of advertising program, in fact, refuses all services of well-known search engines, and victim’s browser becomes highly vulnerable to all other viruses. Malware has neither the money nor the staff to test the sites like search engines do. If you type anything in the compromised browser, the unwanted software just chooses the site of few hundred that are stored in its list, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-page is malicious, and has no relation to the thing that you want to find. Adware puts it to you only because the owners of this site have signed an agreement with the scammers, obliging them to generate a certain amount of link clicks. Adware doesn’t care about man’s preferences, and pays no attention to his needs. It wants you to click as much links as you can, until you know that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Mellowsurvey.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Mellowsurvey.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Mellowsurvey.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses may get onto the user’s computer in many manners, trying to deceive you to let malicious software enter the PC. Adware do it another way. Actually, the advertisement utilities don’t inflict immediate harm to user’s system and can’t be named “viruses”. They can drive user mad; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, but they do not cause any harm to the client’s machine and the data, stored on it. In this regard, advertising programs are distributed completely legal. Lots of people install it by themselves, on its web page. The most effective way is an installation in one package with other unpaid software.
The latter technique has to be discussed singly, because it’s the most widespread method of penetration by malware and hijackers, as well as by all kinds of fraud browsers and extensions. This way is easy: virus files are included to the.Exe file of the wanted software. This file is completely closed, and its content cannot be seen. Installation is the only process that customer can do and he, in most cases, does this. Thus, if victim installs the wanted software, adware will install too. Even if Mellowsurvey.com causes many uncomfortable effects, it is completely lawful, because it doesn’t injure your system and the data, kept on it. Until Mellowsurvey.com has not crawled into the computer you still have the chances to avoid it. The chance is called “installation for experienced users”. It comes in a separate box, during installation, where the program asks you to pick the installation method between “recommended” and “complex”. The recommended way is that you just press yes button until the installation procedure will end. If you choose the second manner, you will be shown a list of programs, prepared to be installed, and will have the chance to choose personally, which tools to install. Names of installation techniques might differ, but the point is really simple – the swindlers are trying to show that it is better to stop thinking and click “Yes”. If you will be aware of the methods that viruses use to infiltrate your machine, it might assist you to protect your computer.
Some visitors want to know why hackers create advertising tools that annoy users so much, if they can simply put banners in specially reserved areas? That’s really simple: the cost of the legitimate advertisement is major and its performance is too poor. Man cannot simply locate the advertising on top of the famous web-site, because it will cost a lot. Google and Yahoo provide more complex advertising strategies, but they aren’t as effective as adware. For advertising on the web-pages, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We should point out that 10 to 1 is the incredibly great outcome, but more often the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertising program is leading almost all customers to the specified website and it will cost less. Most customers don’t think that adware is harmful, until their computers are completely clogged, and use these computers for years, experiencing big discomfort during the use of Internet, and considering that this is OK. These customers are assuring a permanent flow of visitors to dangerous web-pages, helping them to work for a long time.
Now, if virus is uninstalled, we will explain you how to defend your PC from viruses in the future. Except the anti-virus, there is another thing that will defend your machine and your information against malware: it’s your own experience. Programs don’t make failures, but users do, and such errors are the main cause of adware infections. To avoid the infection you should abide to some rules, so we made a list for you:
- The anti-viral tool on your laptop always has to be updated to the latest version and enabled. Even if you will suddenly receive a system message with the request to disable an anti-viral software to download something, you shouldn’t do this. Good tools do not require disabling the antivirus for their work, so this message is an attempt to break-in.
- You should not neglect the browser advices. Internet browsers have very good techniques of malware detection and reaction on user’s hazardous actions. If the browser gives you a warning you about the hazard of the website – you shouldn’t visit it.
- Don’t use the services of unreliable web-pages. These are any kind of web-sites with services “for adults”, foreign exchange broker’s websites and lesser-known sites that spread not licensed content or substandard goods.
- Always watch closely for the installing of any software. User agreement is too long, and contains a bunch of useless info, but there might be something important. If we’re talking about the good software, created by world-known software vendors such as Kaspersky, Piriform or Microsoft, you can believe in their name. But the unknown developers spend all time in search of money, and they often consent to bundle their software with viruses. When you install any program, it might show you the option between a “recommended” and “for advanced users” type of installation – pick the “advanced” variant.
- E-mail is very handy method for web-criminals to spread adware. If you gain a letter that you did not expect, and you don’t know the sender – you should not open it.
- Always save significant files on an external hard drive. If your computer is often attacked by malicious programs, the right decision would be to store the significant info on an external media, which will become your backup in the case of really hazardous infection.
If you listen to all these tips, you can avoid getting any adware. If you still got some questions to answer – leave the “comments” box and we will reply to you ASAP.