Recently our attention was drawn by Junemike virus, and in this article we’ll explain you everything that you should know about it. This article describes the easiest manners to delete Junemike from user’s workstation, and from all popular browsers. If the browser has started to behave strangely, if you see ads on every website, home page and search engines have switched – on this site we will solve your problem.
The only feature that Junemike advertising programs can do – is to place ads on each web-page. If advertising program sneaks into the PC, it immediately begins to show ads. Suspicious links, pop-up windows, the switch of the search results, commercial banners and redirections – here’s a brief description of its methods. Some users know that search engines are thoroughly checking the pages that are displayed to you. Sites are thoroughly checked, and only the best ones can pass this test. Web-sites that failed this test, can be named “untrusted”. This process is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to proceed it is really big, as thousands of sites of different quality are produced daily, and the new, papers, pages and sectors appear on the checked web-sites. But, when the man installs Junemike, he refuses the features of the reputable search engine, and replaces them with viral services. Junemike hasn’t enough resources to test the websites as search engines do. If you type a search query in the compromised browser, the malicious software simply chooses the web-page of several thousand that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this webpage is untrusted, and has no relation to your request. Malware puts it on the first position only because the owners of this web-site have paid to the hackers, obliging them to provide a certain number of site visits. Virus doesn’t care about man’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he needs. Virus wants you to click as much links as it is possible, until you know that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Junemike from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Junemike from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Junemike: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Dangerous software might penetrate your PC in many manners, in attempts to make you to install a viral file. Adware have no need to try so hard. Officially, adware don’t cause immediate harm to user’s PC and cannot be named “viruses”. They can annoy user; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, but they cannot inflict any injury to the user’s laptop and the files, stored on it. In this regard, adware is distributed completely legal. Some customers install it personally, reading and confirming the EULA. The most popular way is the download in bundle with useful free tools.
The latter technique should be discussed severally, because it is the most common technique of infection by adware and hijackers, as well as by all sorts of fraud browsers and add-ons. The method is plain: infected files are included to the installation file of useful tool. The file cannot be inspected, and you can’t see what you are downloading. Installation is the only manipulation that man can perform and he, in most cases, does this. This means that if customer installs the wanted software, virus installs too. Adware is distributed in legal ways, so, they have to notify the user of their installation, and ask for permission. When the virus is outside the PC you still have a chance to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is called “advanced installation”. The option comes in a separate box, during installation, where the virus asks you to pick the installation way between “easy” and “for skilled users”. The easy technique is that you just install everything that is inside this file, even if there are dozens of completely useless tools. If you pick the advanced way, you will see all tools, ready for the installation, and will have the chance to choose personally, which tools to install. Names of installation manners may differ, but the point is always the same – the swindlers want to persuade you that the best decision is to close your eyes and press “OK”. If you will understand the techniques that viruses use to invade your machine, it may assist you to avoid infection.
Many customers are asking; for what reason scammers make advertising tools that annoy customers so much, if they can simply put advertisements in designated areas? That’s really easy: the value of the legal ads is too big and its efficiency is too poor. The placement of any ad on any web-site is worth the money, and the price grows in direct proportion to the web-site attendance. Google, Yahoo and Bing provide more complex advertising strategies, but they aren’t as productive as adware. According to the statistical data, this advertisement on any site attracts an average of no more than ten percent of all customers which have seen the advertisement. We have to precise that 10 percent is a phenomenally great outcome, but commonly the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware is leading 90% of users to the specified web-site at lower cost. Usually, people don’t consider adware hazardous, until their PCs are absolutely dead, and use infected machines for years, suffering the significant discomfort when using the Web, and thinking that this is the usual thing. These people are ensuring a steady flow of victims to dangerous web-pages, allowing them to function for a many years.
Now, when malware is uninstalled, we will explain you how to avoid infection for a long time. You know that the anti-virus software is the basis of security for your machine, but one tool is not enough. In generality of cases, the user is the weak link of security system, which allows malware to enter the system. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want to keep your PC protected:
- The antivirus on your PC should always be properly updated and enabled. Some adware might ask you to disable the anti-virus. It might be shown in form of a pop-up window or in different manner. You don’t need to abide to such requests.
- Do not ignore the browser advices. Browsers have their own manners of threat finding and reaction on operator’s hazardous actions. If the browser tells you that the web-page is suspicious – don’t visit it.
- Never use the services of malicious websites. These are all the kinds of web-pages with content “for adults”, ForEx broker’s sites and shoddy websites, which distribute free software or substandard products.
- Always watch closely for the installation of any tools. User agreement is too massive, and there is a bunch of useless information, but if you’ll inspect it – you might find something useful. If we’re talking about the paid tool, created by internationally renowned software makers such as Piriform, Skype or Apple, you can rely on their reputation. But the unknown developers always need funds, and they often agree to spread malicious programs with help of their own software. If in time of the installation you are given the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” way of installation – choose the second option.
- Be cautious with e-mail messages. If you got a letter that you didn’t expect, and you do not know the sender – you shouldn’t click on it.
- The backups must be stored on an external media. If the PC is often subjected to attacks of malware, the wisest solution would be to store the significant information on an external media, which might assist you if the computer will be heavily contaminated.
These tips are simple, but the profits from the adherence to them are really high. If you think that this guide should include more info or need to report an issue during the uninstalling of Junemike – leave the “comments” field and we will reply to you as soon as possible.