Few days ago we mentioned a virus named InitialPage123.com, and today we’ll review it. The item includes the easiest methods to delete InitialPage123.com from the computer, and from Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, IE and Google Chrome. If your browser has started to operate slowly, if you see ads on every page, home page and search engines were switched – in this article we will solve your issue.
The only function that InitialPalage123.com adware can do – is to place ads on each web-page. After adware sneaks into the workstation, it immediately starts to show ads. Viral links, redirects, pop-ups, the change of the results of search queries and advertising banners – it’s a full list of its techniques. As you know, search engines are carefully filtering the sites that are shown to the customer. Each website is scrupulously tested, and only the most qualitative ones can pass this examination. Web-pages that failed the test, can be named “untrusted”. The test is named indexing, and it requires a significant numbers of people and time, because thousands of sites of varying grades are made daily, and the new, items, partitions and pages appear on the tested websites. But, when the customer installs adware, he refuses all advantages of the reputable search engine, and replaces them with malware services. Malware hasn’t enough resources to test the web-sites like Google does. If you type anything in the compromised browser, virus just chooses the most appropriate web-site of several hundred that are stored in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-site is malicious, and has no relation to the thing that you wanted to find. Virus shows it to you just because the web-site owners have paid to the hackers, obliging them to generate a certain amount of link clicks. Virus does not want you to be a regular customer, or to be satisfied with its job. It needs you to pass as much links as you can, until you know that you are tricked.
Step 1. Remove InitialPage123.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove InitialPage123.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove InitialPage123.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Undesired software might penetrate the user’s system in various ways, trying to trick you to let dangerous program penetrate the computer. Commercial software do it another way. Officially, the advertising programs don’t inflict immediate harm to user’s machine and can’t be named “viruses”. They can irritate user; they interfere to surf the Web, although they do not inflict direct injury to the user’s computer and the personal information. In this regard, advertising programs are distributed by legal methods. Lots of people download it by themselves, from its web site. The most common way is the download in one package with useful unpaid programs.
The latter technique should be explained separately, since it is the most popular reason of infection by malware and hijackers, as well as by all types of phony browsers and toolbars. This technique is plain: virus files are added to the installer of the needed tool. Such file cannot be checked, and its contents cannot be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that user can perform and he, in most cases, does this. Thus, if you will install the tool that you wanted to, malware will install too. Ads are spreading in legal ways, so, it is obligatorily for them to notify you of their installation, and ask for allowance. As long as the virus has not crawled onto the computer you still have some chances to avoid the problems. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to stop the virus before it penetrates your laptop. The choice comes in a separate window, during installation, where you are asked to pick the installation method between “preferable” and “difficult”. The recommended manner lets the adware decide what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it decides to install all trash that is there. If you choose the advanced way, you will see all files, ready to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, which programs to install. Names of installation methods may be different, but the core is really simple – the scammers want to show that the best decision is to stop thinking and press “Install”. If you will understand the manners that viruses use to infiltrate your PC, it might assist you to avoid infection.
If you want to know, why there are so much adware, and are they profitable, we will tell you. Actually, at its high price, rightful advertising brings too few clients. The placement of any advertisement on any web-page costs the money, and the value is increasing in direct proportion to the value of the web-page itself. Advertising placement of the site in Google search results is even more expensive. According to the statistical data, this ad on any website can attract an average of no more than 10% of all visitors which have seen an ad. We should point out that 10 to 1 is a phenomenally good outcome, but usually the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware is leading almost all victims to the needed site at lower cost. Usually, customers don’t consider adware hazardous, until their computers are absolutely clogged, and use those computers for years, having different problems when surfing the Internet, and thinking that it’s normal. These users are ensuring a steady flow of visitors to perilous web-sites, helping them to work for a long time.
Now, if virus is eliminated, we will explain you how to avoid infection in the future. Except the anti-viral program, there is another thing that may shield your machine and your files against malware: it’s your own attainments. Most often, the operator is the weakest link of security system, which allows the virus to enter the PC. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your laptop to remain protected:
- The anti-viral tool on your laptop always needs to be updated to the latest version and enabled. Some malware may ask you to switch the anti-virus off. It might come in form of a pop-up window or in different way. Such messages are completely viral, and you must ignore them.
- Do not neglect the prompts of your browser. Browsers can easily recognize the perilous web-sites, and they perceive when user tries to do something unwanted. If the browser notifies you that the web-site is dangerous – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- You shouldn’t use the facilities of unreliable sites. These are all the kinds of web-pages with services “for adults”, ForEx broker’s websites and lesser-known web-sites, which distribute free programs or defective goods.
- You have carefully supervise the installing of any tools. User agreement is very annoying, and contains a lot of useless info, but if you’ll inspect it – you may know something considerable. If you are installing the licensed program, created by reputed software creators such as Piriform, Microsoft or Kaspersky, you can trust in their standing. But the novice developers always need funds, and they may agree to bundle their programs with adware. When you install any program, it may show you the option between a “simple” and “complex” manner of installing – pick the second option.
- E-mails are the very convenient technique for swindlers to distribute adware. If you got a letter, which you did not expect, and you don’t know the sender – it is advised not to open it.
- The copies should be kept on an external media. If your system is often subjected to attacks of malicious software, the best choice would be to store the significant files on an external hard disk, which might assist you if the PC will be critically contaminated.
If you adhere to these tips, you can avoid getting any hazardous software. If some of your requests are still unanswered – make the “comments” box and we will reply to you ASAP.