Today, we will review the dangerous advertisement tool named Hotweb360.com, and help you to delete it. The article includes the simplest methods to uninstall Hotweb360.com from your workstation, and from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome. If your browser has started to behave strangely, if you see the promotional content on every website, start page and search engines were switched – in this item you will find a solution to your problem.
The only thing that Hotweb360.com adware can do – is to place ads on every web-page. After the penetration, Hotweb360.com starts to show hype, and performs it in all possible manners. Redirects, advertising banners, the manipulation with the results of search queries, pop-ups and malicious links – here’s a brief list of its manners. Search engines do a great job: they check all the web-sites on the Net to let you see only the safest ones. Each page is carefully tested, and examination may be passed only by the best ones. Web-pages, which do not pass this inspection, can be named “malicious”. The examination is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to proceed it is really huge, because thousands of websites of varying quality are designed daily, and the new, partitions, pages and articles appear on the sites, which are already checked. But, when the man installs Hotweb360.com, he declines all advantages of the reputable search engine, and replaces them with adware services. Hotweb360.com hasn’t enough resources to index the websites like Google does. When you enter something via the compromised browser, Hotweb360.com just picks the most appropriate web-page of few dozen that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. Customer has almost 100% chance that this website is malicious, and isn’t related to your request. Virus shows it on the first place only because the website owners have signed an agreement with the web-criminals, obliging them to make a certain amount of site views. Hotweb360.com isn’t interested in customer’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he needs. Malware needs you to see as much ads as it is possible, until you know that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Hotweb360.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Hotweb360.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Hotweb360.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware can penetrate customer’s system in various manners, in attempts to deceive you to download a viral file. Adware do it another way. In fact, adware don’t inflict immediate harm to user’s system and can’t be named “viruses”. They can drive user crazy; they make the Web surfing hard as hell, yet they can’t cause direct harm to your computer and the personal information. In this regard, adware is distributed completely legal. Many customers install it personally, on the website. The most effective technique is the download in one package with useful toll-free tools.
Let’s talk about the additional installation technique. This method is simple: harmful files are included to the.Exe file of useful program. The file is completely closed, and you can’t see what you are installing. The only thing that victim can do with this file is to run the installation. This means that if you’ll install the software that you wanted to, adware will install too. Even if Hotweb360.com brings some uncomfortable effects, it is totally lawful, because it doesn’t harm your system and the information, stored on it. At the moment of downloading you still have few chances to avoid infection. The opportunity to do so is named “installation for professional users”. The choice comes in a separate box, during installation, where you are asked to pick the installation process type between “recommended” and “complex”. The recommended technique means that you will simply install anything that is in this file, even if there will be dozens of totally useless tools. If you pick the second way, you will see the list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will have the chance to decide personally, which programs to install. In fact, it doesn’t matter how the setup manners are named – the bottom line is that the web want the customer to be dumb and follow the instructions. We hope that understanding the methods that suspicious programs use to invade your computer, it might assist you to avoid infection.
If you want to understand, why hackers are developing advertising programs, and is it profitable, we can explain it. That’s really easy: the price of the legitimate ads is large and its effectiveness is too low. The placement of any advertisement on any site is worth lots of money, and the price is increasing in direct proportion to the web-site attendance. Google, Yahoo and Bing propose more targeted advertising strategies, but they can’t are not even close to Hotweb360.com’s efficiency. For ads on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We want to itemize that 10 to 1 is a phenomenally great outcome, but generally the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can lead almost all users to the needed page and it will cost less. Many customers don’t consider adware dangerous, until their PCs are completely dead, and use infected PCs for years, suffering the big discomfort when using the Web, and thinking that it’s normal. These users are creating a continuous flow of visitors to perilous websites, allowing them to stay afloat for a many years.
Now, if this harmful program is uninstalled, we will explain you how to defend your PC from viral threats for a long time. Besides the antivirus, there is one thing that will protect your hard drive and your files against viruses: it’s your own attainments. In most cases, the user is the weakest place of security system that allows adware to enter the PC. There are some rules that you should know, if you want to keep your PC protected:
- Anti-viral program is the frontline of your system’s defense, and it should be enabled and updated. Some viruses can ask you to turn the anti-viral tool off. It may come in form of a pop-up window or in different way. Such windows are completely viral, and you should disregard them.
- Do not disregard the advices of your browser. Internet browsers also can identify the dangerous web-sites, and they understand when you are going to make something dangerous. If the browser notifies you about the peril of the web-site – don’t go to this site.
- You must avoid doing anything on the unreliable web-sites. These are any kind of web-pages with X-rated content, foreign exchange broker’s sites and third-class websites, which spread pirated programs or substandard products.
- You must closely observe the installation of any software. EULA is really annoying, and contains a lot of useless information, but if you’ll inspect it – you may find something important. If we’re talking about the licensed program, made by internationally renowned software developers such as Apple, Adobe or Skype, you can rely on their reputation. But if you are installing free programs in such manner, you will jeopardize your computer and the data kept on it. If in time of the installation you are given the option between a “common” and “complex” type of installing – choose the “complex” variant.
- Be careful with e-mail letters. If you got a letter, which you did not wait for, and you don’t know who send it – it is better not to open it.
- Always keep significant information on an external drive. If your computer is often attacked by viruses, the safest solution would be to store the important information on an external hard disk, which will help you if the PC will be heavily infected.
These advices are easy, but the advantages from the adherence to them are extremely high. If some of your questions are still unanswered – just comment this article and we will help you as soon as possible.