Few days ago we mentioned Hit5news.net virus, and now we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about it. The guide describes the easiest techniques to eliminate Hit5news.net from customer’s computer, as well as from IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari. Symptoms of this malware are: lowered speed of browser’s work, redirections to unknown websites, unauthorized change of browser settings and abundance of advertisement.
Hit5news.net adware is the program that is involved exclusively in promotional doings. After advertising program crawls into customer’s computer, it immediately starts to generate advertising. The change of the results of search queries, pop-ups, advertising banners, redirects and viral links – it’s a full list of its manners. As you know, search engines are thoroughly filtering the websites that are shown to the user. Each page is carefully checked, and test may be passed only by those ones that meet all the requirements. Web-pages, which failed the inspection, can be called “dangerous”. This test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to do it is really great, as tens of thousands of web-sites of different grades are designed each day, and the new, pages, articles and sectors appear on the web-sites that are already checked. However, when the user installs advertising program, he refuses all features of his search engine, and replaces them with adware services. Virus has neither the resources nor the staff to check the sites as Google does. When you enter a search query in the infected browser, the suspicious tool just selects the most appropriate web-page of few dozen that are kept in its memory, and shows it to you. You have a 99% probability that this website is viral, and has no relation to your request. Virus shows it to you just because the website owners have paid to the hackers, obliging them to make a certain amount of link clicks. Malware does not need that you will become a regular customer, or have been satisfied by its work. Adware wants you to click as much links as you can, until you know that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Hit5news.net from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Hit5news.net from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Hit5news.net: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses may infect man’s workstation in many techniques, in attempts to make you to install a harmful file. Adware act differently. Officially, the advertising programs are not harmful and can’t be called “viruses”. They can drive you mad; they interfere to browse the Web, but they cannot inflict direct injury to the customer’s computer and the personal information. This is the reason, why adware is distributed fully legal. Many customers install it personally, on the web-site. The most popular manner is the bundled download with useful toll-free software.
You should understand what is the bundled installation manner. This technique is easy: virus files are attached to the installer of toll-free program. Such file cannot be checked, and its content can’t be seen. Installation is the only manipulation that man can perform and he, in the majority of cases, does it. Thus, if you will install the software that you wanted to, adware will install too. Adware is spreading legally, so, they must notify you of their installation, and receive the allowance. When the adware is outside the system you still have some chances to avoid it. “Installation for skilled users” is the chance to stop the virus until it penetrates your workstation. The choice can be found in a special window, during installation, where the installer asks you to pick the installation process type between “recommended” and “for seasoned users”. The first manner is that you will simply press install button until the installation process will end. If you choose the advanced method, you will see all tools, ready to be installed, and will have the chance to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation ways might be different, but the point is really plain – the scammers are trying to urge you that the best decision is to close your eyes and press “OK”. We hope that understanding the methods, which viruses use to infect your system, it may assist you to avoid infection.
Many customers want to know for what reason people create advertising tools that annoy users so much, if they can easily put ads in designated areas? Actually, at its big price, legal advertisement brings not many clients. Man can’t just place the banner on top of the popular web-site, because it will cost a lot. Google and Yahoo offer more targeted advertising methods, but they aren’t as effective as adware. For banners on the websites, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We must itemize that 10% is a phenomenally good outcome, but commonly the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertising program is leading almost all its victims to the specified page at lower cost. Most customers don’t think that adware is dangerous, until their computers are totally dead, and use these machines for years, experiencing great discomfort when surfing the Web, and considering that it’s normal. Such users assure a regular flow of visitors to dangerous web-sites, assisting them to exist for a many years.
If you executed all steps properly, virus must be uninstalled at this time, and now you should protect your machine from incoming threats. Everybody knows that the antivirus is the groundwork of your PC’s security, but one tool is not enough. Most often, the operator is the weakest place of anti-viral system, which invites malware to enter the machine. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your PC to remain safe:
- The antivirus on your computer should always be updated to the newest version and turned on. Some viruses can ask you to disable the anti-viral tool. It might come in form of the system message or in other manner. Such windows are completely viral, and you must disregard them.
- You shouldn’t ignore the advices of your browser. Internet browsers can easily detect the perilous websites, and they understand when you try to do something suspicious. If your browser tells you about the hazard of a particular site – do not go to this site.
- Never use the services of malicious web-pages. These are all the sorts of web-sites with content “for adults”, web-sites of ForEx brokers and cheapjack websites that spread not licensed software or substandard goods.
- You should watch carefully for the installing of all software. User agreement is too long, and there is a lot of useless info, but if you’ll read it – you might find something useful. If we’re talking about the worthy program, designed by prominent software makers such as Microsoft, Piriform or Kaspersky, you can rely on their reputation. But the young developers always need funds, and they often agree to bundle their software with malware. When you install any program, it could give you the choice between a “common” and “for advanced users” way of installing – pick the second option.
- E-mails are the very handy technique for web-criminals to distribute viruses. If you got a message that you didn’t expect, and you do not know the sender – you should not click on it.
- Always keep significant files on an external hard drive. If the computer is often subjected to attacks of undesired programs, the rightest choice would be to store the important data on an external hard disk that may be your backup if the workstation will be heavily contaminated.
The hints are plain, but the advantages from the adherence to them are really high. If you think that this item should include more information or need to report an issue in time of the removal of Hit5news.net – just comment this item and we will reply to you soon.