Today, we will tell you about the dangerous adware named Footjane, and help you to eliminate it. This item includes the simplest methods to remove Footjane from user’s PC, and from IE, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and Mozilla Firefox. If your browser has started to operate slowly, if you see the promotional content on every website, home page and search engines have switched – in this item you will find a solution to your problem.
The only feature that Footjane advertising extensions can do – is to place ads on every web-page. When Footjane breaks into user’s machine, it immediately begins to show ads. Advertising banners, the change of the results of search queries, pop-ups, redirects and viral links – this is a short description of its methods. Search engines do a big job: they check all the web-sites on the Internet to show the user only the most dependable ones. Each site is meticulously tested, and examination might be passed only by the best ones. All other websites can be called unreliable, or even perilous. The process is named indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to perform it is really huge, because tens of thousands of sites of different grades are created daily, and the new, sectors, pages and articles emerge on the sites, which are already tested. The installation of such virus actually declines all advantages of reputable search engines, and customer’s computer becomes extremely vulnerable to all threats. Virus hasn’t enough resources to index the web-sites as search engines do. If you enter anything via the compromised browser, adware simply picks the site of several hundred that are kept in its memory, and shows it to you. Customer has almost 100% chance that this site is malicious, and isn’t related to your request. Footjane puts it to you just because the web-site owners have paid to the web-criminals, obliging them to provide a certain amount of page visits. Footjane doesn’t expect you to be a regular client, or to be pleased with its job. Adware will force you pass as much links as it is possible, until you understand that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Footjane from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Footjane from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Footjane: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Suspicious software might penetrate your computer in various methods, trying to trick the operator to download a malicious file. Advertising programs do it another way. Actually, adware aren’t really dangerous and cannot be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to use the Internet, although they do not cause any harm to your system and the information, stored on it. In this regard, advertising tools are distributed absolutely legal. Lots of users download it by themselves, after they read and confirm the license agreement. The most effective way is the download in bundle with other unpaid programs.
Let’s talk about the additional installation way. The way is not difficult: viral files are included to the installer of the needed tool. The file can’t be inspected, and its contents cannot be seen. The only thing that you can do with this file is to run the installation. It means that if customer installs the tool that you searched for, malware will install too. Even if advertising program calls some uncomfortable effects, it is completely lawful, since it doesn’t harm your computer and the files, kept on it. At the stage of penetration the man still has a chance to avoid the problems. The chance is called “installation for professional users”. It comes in a separate box, during installation, where you are asked to choose the installation way between “preferable” and “difficult”. The recommended way means that you just install everything that is inside this file, even if there are dozens of completely pointless programs. If you choose the second technique, you will be shown a list of programs, prepared to be installed, and will have the ability to choose personally, which programs to install. Actually, it doesn’t matter how the installation ways are called – essence is that the swindlers want you to be dumb and abide to their instructions. If you will understand the techniques, which malicious programs use to break into your computer, it might help you to protect your laptop.
Some visitors are wondering; why scammers make adware that irritate customers so badly, if they can just publish banners in specially reserved places? That’s really simple: the price of the legal ads is large and its performance is too low. You cannot simply put the ad on the famous site, because it is really expensive. Promotional disposition of the website in search results of any search engine costs much more. For advertisement on the web-sites, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We want to precise that ten percent is the incredibly good outcome, but ordinarily the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Advertisement tool is leading almost all users to the needed website and it will cost less. The majority of people don’t understand that adware is harmful, until their machines are completely dead, and use those computers for years, having different issues while using the Internet, and considering that this is OK. These people are ensuring a steady flow of visitors to untrusted web-pages, helping them to stay afloat for a many years.
Now, if Footjane is deleted, we want to tell you how to shield your machine from viruses in the future. You know that the AV program is the basis of security for your computer, but just software isn’t enough. In majority of cases, the customer is the weak point of security system that allows the virus to break into the computer. To prevent the infection you need to abide to few rules, so we made a list for you:
- Antivirus is the frontline of your PC’s protection, that’s why it must be turned on and updated. Even if you will suddenly receive a system message with the request to disable an antivirus to upgrade any software, you should not do that. Licensed tools don’t require disabling the anti-virus, so this message is try to infect the computer.
- Do not neglect the browser advices. Browsers have their own techniques of adware detection and reaction on customer’s perilous actions. If your browser notifies you that a particular website is perilous – you shouldn’t visit it.
- Client should avoid making anything on the unreliable websites. When we say “suspicious”, we mean all the types of websites with pornographic content, web-pages of foreign exchange brokers and cheapjack web-sites, which distribute free content or defective products.
- You must carefully supervise the installation of all programs. License agreement is too massive, and contains a lot of useless data, but if you’ll inspect it – you may know something considerable. If you are installing the licensed tool, developed by internationally renowned software developers such as Microsoft, Kaspersky or Piriform, you can trust in their name. But the unknown developers spend all time in search of resources, and they might consent to spread adware with help of their own software. If during the installing you are given the choice between a “recommended” and “complex” manner of installation – choose the “advanced” option.
- E-mail is highly comfortable way for hackers to spread adware. If you gain a message, which you didn’t expect, and you do not know the sender – you shouldn’t click on it.
- Always save important information on an external drive. If the system is often attacked by malware, the best solution would be to keep the significant information on an external hard drive, which will become your backup if the computer will be critically infected.
If you follow all these hints, you may avoid getting any malware. If you can attach something to this guide or want to get rid of a problem during the deletion of Footjane – just comment this article and we will answer you ASAP.