On this page, we want to review the perilous malware called Everness, and explain you how to uninstall it. The item includes the most comfortable and reliable methods to eliminate Everness from your workstation, as well as from Opera, IE, Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If the browser has begun to operate slower than usual, if ads arise on each website, start page and search engines were switched – on this site we will help you to solve your issue.
The only function that Everness advertising programs can do – is to place ads on every new tab. After the penetration, advertising program begins to generate banners, and makes it in all imaginable methods. Redirects, viral links, the change of the results of search queries, advertising banners and pop-ups – it’s a brief list of its techniques. Search engines do a great job: they check all the web-sites on the Net to show the user only the safest ones. Web-pages are thoroughly tested, and only the best ones can pass this test. All other websites might be called unsafe, or even dangerous. This process is named indexing, and it needs a great amount of staff and time, as tens of thousands of web-sites of different grades are designed each day, and the new, pages, articles and sections appear on the tested websites. The installation of advertising program actually refuses all advantages of good search engines, and victim’s computer becomes highly vulnerable to all threats. Everness has neither the money nor the people to check the web-sites as Yahoo does. When you type anything on the compromised browser, malware simply picks the random web-page of few thousand that are kept in its memory, and shows it to you. You have almost 100% chance that this web-site is untrusted, and isn’t related to the thing that you wanted to find. Virus puts it on the first place just because the website owners have paid to the hackers, obliging them to make a certain number of web-site views. Everness does not want that you will become a regular client, or have been satisfied by its job. Virus needs you to click as much links as it is possible, until you know that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Everness from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Everness from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Everness: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Suspicious tools can penetrate man’s machine in lots of manners, trying to make the operator to install a malicious file. Commercial programs do it another way. Actually, the advertisement programs don’t cause direct injuries to man’s workstation and cannot be called “viruses”. They can drive anyone crazy; they make the Web surfing very difficult, but they cannot cause any injury to your computer and the private data. In this regard, adware is distributed by legal methods. Some users install it personally, from its website. The most common technique is the bundled download with useful toll-free programs.
Let’s talk about the additional installation way. This method is plain: harmful files are added to the installer of free program. Such file is completely closed, and its content can’t be seen. Installation is the only action that user can make and he, in most cases, does this. Thus, if you will install the wanted tool, malware will install too. Promotional add-ons are distributed legally, so, it is obligatorily for them to notify you about their actions, and gain the allowance. Until the virus has not crept onto the machine the victim still has the chances to avoid infection. “Installation for professional users” is the opportunity to intercept the malicious program until it enters your PC. It can be found in a separate window, during installation, where the installer asks you to choose the installation way between “recommended” and “for experienced users”. The easy way is that you just press OK button until the installation process will end. If you pick the advanced way, you will see all programs, ready to be installed, and will have the opportunity to choose personally, what to install. Actually, no matter how the installation ways are called – the bottom line is that the scammers want you to be stupid and follow their instructions. If you will understand the techniques that adware uses to infect your system, it may help you to avoid infection.
If you wanna know, why web-criminals are making adware, and are they profitable, we will explain it. This question is easy to answer: the cost of the rightful ads is major and its efficiency is too low. The deployment of any ad on any web-site costs the money, and the price is increasing in direct proportion to the web-page attendance. Google and Yahoo provide more targeted advertising methods, but they are not as productive as Everness. According to the statistics, this advertising on the site can attract an average of no more than 10% of all customers who have seen an ad. We should itemize that 10 percent is the unbelievably good outcome, but ordinarily the count goes on tenths of a percent. Adware can redirect almost all customers to the needed website and it will cost less. Most users don’t understand that adware is harmful, until their PCs are absolutely dead, and use infected computers for years, suffering the great discomfort while surfing the Web, and considering that it’s normal. Such customers are ensuring a constant flow of visitors to perilous sites, allowing them to function for a many years.
Now, since malware is uninstalled, we want to teach you how to shield your machine from viruses for a long time. Though the antivirus is the basis of defense for your machine, but just software is not enough. In most cases, the user is the weakest place of security system that invites malware to sneak into the PC. To prevent the infection you need to follow few rules, so we created a list for you:
- The anti-viral tool on your machine should always be properly updated and activated. Some viruses can ask you to turn the anti-viral tool off. It may come in form of the system message or in different way. You shouldn’t listen to such requests.
- You should not disregard the browser hints. Browsers have their own manners of malware finding and resistance against customer’s dangerous doings. If your browser tells you about the peril of a particular website – do not visit it.
- Do not use the facilities of malicious sites. These are all the kinds of websites with content “for adults”, foreign exchange broker’s web-sites and shoddy web-pages that distribute pirated content or defective goods.
- You have watch closely for the installation of any programs. EULA is very annoying, and there is a lot of unnecessary info, but if you’ll inspect it – you might find something substantial. If you are installing the worthy program, made by internationally renowned software makers such as Kaspersky, Apple or Adobe, you can rely on their fame. But if you will try to install pirated software in such manner, you’ll endanger your laptop and the data stored on it. If during the installing you are given the choice between a “recommended” and “for advanced users” way of installing – choose the second option.
- E-mail is really handy technique for web-criminals to distribute malware. If you got a message that you didn’t wait for, and you do not know who send it – we strongly advise you not to click on it.
- Always save significant files on an external media. If your machine is often attacked by malicious software, the safest solution would be to store the important files on an external hard drive that may help you in the case of really dangerous infection.
If you follow these rules, you may avoid getting any viruses. If you still got some questions to answer – just comment this article and we will reply to you ASAP.