This week our attention was drawn by Electronicconsumerusa.com virus, and in this article we’ll review it. The article describes the simplest manners to remove Electronicconsumerusa.com from customer’s PC, as well as from Safari, Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Symptoms of this malware are: unauthorized switch of browser settings, lowered speed of browser’s work, redirections to third-grade websites and lots of promotional banners.
Electronicconsumerusa.com adware is the virus that is involved exclusively in advertising doings. After contact with the customers’ computer, advertising program starts to generate banners, and makes it in all imaginable ways. Redirections, suspicious links, pop-up windows, commercial banners and the switch of the search results – here’s a full description of its techniques. Search engines do an important thing, checking all the web-sites on the Net to let the customer see only the best ones. Sites are scrupulously tested, and test might be passed only by the best ones. All other sites can be named unsafe, or even perilous. This process is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is needed to proceed it is really huge, because tens of thousands of websites of different quality are produced daily, and the new, pages, papers and partitions appear on the checked websites. But, when the user installs advertising tool, he declines the advantages of his search engine, and replaces it with adware. Virus hasn’t enough resources to index the web-sites like search engines do. When you enter anything in the infected browser, virus simply picks the most appropriate site of few dozen that are stored in its list, and shows it to you. User has a 99% probability that this web-page is dangerous, and has no relation to your request. Malware puts it on the first position just because the owners of this site have paid to the scammers, obliging them to make a certain number of web-site visits. Virus doesn’t expect that you will be a regular client, or have been satisfied by its job. It will make you click as much links as it is possible, until you realize that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Electronicconsumerusa.com from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Electronicconsumerusa.com from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Electronicconsumerusa.com: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Dangerous software can infect the user’s PC in lots of manners, trying to make the user to download a harmful file. Adware don’t need to try so hard. Actually, the advertisement utilities are not harmful and can’t be named “viruses”. They can irritate you; they make the Web browsing hard as hell, although they do not inflict any damage to the user’s computer and the files, stored on it. This explains, why advertising software are spreaded by legal methods. Lots of customers install it personally, on the web page. The most efficient method is the bundled installation with other free software.
You should know what is the additional installation method. This technique is simple: harmful files are included to the.Exe file of free program. Such file cannot be inspected, and its content can’t be seen. Installation is the only process that user can perform and he, in the majority of cases, does it. This means that if you’ll install the wanted program, virus installs too. Even if adware calls some inconveniences, it is absolutely legal, because it doesn’t spoil your machine and the files, kept on it. As long as adware hasn’t sneaked into the system you still have some chances to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to stop the virus before it enters your system. The option comes in a separate box, during installation, where you are asked to choose the installation manner between “recommended” and “complex”. The easy technique means that you just press OK button until the installation process will end. If you choose the advanced manner, you will see the list of files, prepared to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. Actually, no matter how the installation manners are named – essence is that the hackers want you to be dumb and abide to the instructions. If you will understand the techniques, which viruses use to invade your system, it may assist you to protect your computer.
Some readers want to know why criminals create adware that annoy users so much, if they can simply put advertisements in specially created areas? This question is easy to answer: the cost of the legitimate ads is major and its performance is too low. Man cannot just put the banner on the reputable web-site, because it will cost a lot. Advertising deployment of the site in Google search results costs even more. At the same time, this ad on any site attracts an average of no more than ten percent of all customers which have seen an ad. We must point out that 10 percent is the unbelievably great result, but more often the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Advertisement program is leading 100% of users to the specified web-site and it will cost less. Usually, customers do not believe that adware is dangerous, until their computers are absolutely clogged, and use these computers for years, having significant discomfort when using the Web, and considering that it’s the usual thing. These customers assure a permanent flow of victims to untrusted web-sites, assisting them to function for a long time.
Now, when malware is uninstalled, you should know how to defend your machine from infection for a long time. Though the AV software is the groundwork of defense for your PC, but one program isn’t enough. Software don’t make mistakes, but humans do, and these failures are the only cause of virus infections. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your laptop to remain safe:
- The anti-virus on your PC always has to be properly updated and turned on. Even if you’ll suddenly get a system message with the request to turn off an antivirus to install anything, you should not do this. Good programs do not ask you to disable the anti-viral software for their work, and the message is try to break-in.
- You should not disregard the browser prompts. Internet browsers have their own techniques of adware finding and prevention of user’s perilous actions. If the browser tells you that the website is hazardous – do not go to this site.
- You shouldn’t use the services of suspicious websites. By the word “perilous”, we mean any type of websites with X-rated content, foreign exchange broker’s web-pages and low-quality web-pages, which spread pirated programs or defective goods.
- Always watch carefully for the installing of any software. User agreement is really boring, and consists of a lot of unnecessary information, but there may be something considerable. If we’re talking about the paid program, made by famous software vendors such as Apple, Piriform or Kaspersky, you can rely on their standing. But if you will try to install free programs in this way, you will jeopardize your workstation and the information kept there. If in time of the installing you are given the choice between a “simple” and “for advanced users” manner of installation – pick the “complex” option.
- Be watchful with e-mail letters. If you gain a message, which you didn’t expect, and you do not know who send it – we strongly advise you not to open it.
- The copies should be stored on an external drive. If your PC is often subjected to attacks of malware, the safest solution would be to store the important information on an external hard disk, which will become your backup if the laptop will be heavily infected.
The hints are easy, but the fruit of adherence to them is really big. If you think that this guide should include more info or need to report a problem during the deletion of Electronicconsumerusa.com – make the “comments” box and we will help you soon.