Few days ago we mentioned Dominantentfen.ru virus, and in this article we’ll tell you everything that you should know about it. The article describes the easiest ways to remove Dominantentfen.ru from your system, and from Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. If your browser has begun to behave strangely, if you see an advertisement on every page, homepage and search engines have switched – in this article we will solve your problem.
The only function that Dominantentfen.ru advertising extensions can perform – is to show ads. After adware crawls into customer’s computer, it immediately starts to show ads. The switch of the search results, suspicious links, commercial banners, pop-up windows and redirections – this is a brief list of its methods. Search engines do a big job: they check all the web-sites on the Internet to let the user see only the most dependable ones. Each site is meticulously checked, and only the best ones can pass this test. All other websites can be called unsafe, or even dangerous. This process is called indexing, and it needs a huge amount of staff and money, as thousands of sites of different quality are designed each day, and the new, partitions, items and pages emerge on the tested web-sites. But, when the client installs advertising tool, he refuses all services of his search engine, and replaces it with adware. Malware hasn’t enough resources to check the web-sites as search engines do. If you type anything on the infected browser, Dominantentfen.ru simply picks the web-site of few thousand that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. You have almost 100% probability that this web-page is dangerous, and isn’t related to your request. Adware shows it to you just because the web-site owners have signed an agreement with the web-criminals, obliging them to provide a certain amount of site visits. Malware doesn’t care about man’s preferences, and pays no attention to his wishes. Dominantentfen.ru will force you pass as much links as it is possible, until you know that you were tricked.
Step 1. Remove Dominantentfen.ru from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Dominantentfen.ru from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Dominantentfen.ru: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware may penetrate customer’s PC in lots of techniques, trying to make you to download a viral file. Commercial software act differently. Actually, adware aren’t harmful and cannot be named “viruses”. They can annoy you; they make the Internet browsing hard as hell, although they cannot inflict any harm to the customer’s laptop and the private information. This explains, why advertising software are spreaded completely legal. Some customers download it by themselves, from the website. The most effective way is the download in bundle with useful free software.
The “bundled” way must be discussed separately, since it is the very efficient cause of penetration by malware and redirects, as well as by all types of fraud browsers and tools. The way is plain: harmful files are added to the.Exe file of free program. This file can’t be inspected, and its contents cannot be seen. The only thing that you can perform with this file is to install it. Thus, if you’ll install the wanted software, adware will install too. Ads are spreading in legal ways, so, they need to inform the user of their installation, and ask for allowance. Until the virus hasn’t crept into the computer you still have a chance to avoid it. The opportunity to do so is named “installation for experienced users”. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The recommended way lets the malware decide what to install. And, most often, it chooses to install everything. If you pick the second technique, you will see all tools, ready to be installed, and will have the chance to choose personally, which tools to install. Names of installation techniques may be different, but the essence is very plain – the scammers are trying to show that the best decision is to stop thinking and click “Install”. If you will understand the ways that viruses use to invade your computer, it might assist you to protect your system.
If you wanna know, why there are so much adware, and is it profitable, we will explain it. Actually, at its high value, legal advertisement attracts too few users. You cannot just locate the banner on the reputable website, because it is really expensive. Advertising deployment of the web-site in Google search results costs much more. For ads on the web-pages, the ratio of views to clicks is not more than 10 to 1. We have to specify that 10 to 1 is the incredibly great outcome, but generally the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Advertising tool is leading almost all customers to the needed web-page at lower cost. Many users don’t consider adware dangerous, until their computers are totally dead, and use these computers for years, suffering the big discomfort when surfing the Web, and considering that this is OK. Such customers are ensuring a regular flow of visitors to dangerous web-sites, allowing them to exist for a long time.
Now, if malware is deleted, we want to teach you how to protect your computer from viruses in the future. Though the anti-viral tool is the foundation of protection for your system, but just tool is not enough. In majority of cases, the user is the weakest point of security system that allows dangerous program to crawl into the computer. There are few rules that you should know, if you want your workstation to remain safe:
- The anti-virus on your PC must always be updated to the latest version and activated. Even if you will receive a system message with the request to disable an anti-viral tool to upgrade something, you should not do this. Worthy programs don’t need you to switch off the anti-viral software for their work, so this message is an attempt to break-in.
- Do not ignore the browser hints. Browsers can easily identify the viral sites, and they understand when you are going to make something dangerous. If your browser warns you about the peril of a particular page – don’t visit it.
- You shouldn’t use the services of malicious web-pages. When we say “unreliable”, we mean any type of websites with content “for adults”, sites of ForEx brokers and lesser-known websites that distribute pirated software or substandard products.
- Always closely supervise the installing of any tools. User agreement is too long, and consists of a lot of useless information, but there might be something useful. If we’re talking about the paid software, developed by well-known software makers such as Piriform, Apple or Skype, you can rely on their name. But the novice developers always need resources, and they often accept to bundle their programs with adware. If in time of the installing you are given the option between a “simple” and “complex” way of installing – pick the “complex” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mail messages. If you have a message, which you did not wait for, and you don’t know who send it – you shouldn’t open it.
- Always keep significant information on an external media. If your machine is often subjected to attacks of malware, the wisest solution would be to keep the important info on an external media, which will assist you if the laptop will be critically infected.
The advices are plain, but the advantages from the adherence to them are very high. If some of your questions are still unanswered – just comment this item and we will help you soon.