Today, we want to review the hazardous adware named Directionswhiz, and teach you how to uninstall it. The item includes the most comfortable and efficient manners to remove Directionswhiz from your laptop, and from Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. If your browser has begun to behave strangely, if you see ads on each website, homepage and search engines have changed – in this guide you will see a solution to your issue.
Directionswhiz adware is the virus that is engaged solely in advertising doings. When advertising program crawls into the system, it immediately starts to show ads. Redirections, the switch of the search results, commercial banners, pop-up windows and suspicious links – it’s a full description of its manners. Everybody knows that search engines are meticulously checking the content that is shown to users. Each page is scrupulously tested, and only the best ones can pass this test. Web-sites, which failed this test, automatically fall into the category of “dangerous”. The process is called indexing, and it takes a significant amount of people and resources, because tens of thousands of web-sites of different grades are created daily, and the new, pages, papers and sections appear on the web-sites that are already tested. But, when the user installs advertising tool, he refuses all advantages of his search engine, and replaces it with virus. Adware has neither the resources nor the employees to index the web-sites as Yahoo does. When you enter something via the compromised browser, adware just selects the random site of few dozen that are kept in its list, and puts it on the first place. User has a 99% chance that this web-page is untrusted, and isn’t related to the thing that you want to find. Virus shows it on the first place just because the owners of this web-site have paid to the creators of adware, obliging them to generate a certain number of web-site visits. Directionswhiz doesn’t care about man’s preferences, and pays no attention to his needs. Virus will make you see as much ads as it is possible, until you understand that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Directionswhiz from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Directionswhiz from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Directionswhiz: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Viruses may invade customer’s machine in lots of ways, in attempts to force the customer to install a malicious file. Adware act differently. Officially, adware aren’t harmful and cannot be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to use the Net, yet they do not inflict direct injury to your laptop and the files, stored on it. This is the cause, why adware is distributed by legal methods. Lots of people install it personally, from the web site. The most common way is the bundled installation with other toll-free software.
You should understand what is the additional installation technique. The technique is plain: viral files are included to the.Exe file of the needed tool. This file is completely closed, and its contents can’t be seen. The only thing that man can do with such file is to install it. It means that if you will install the wanted tool, virus installs too. Even if advertising program calls lots of uncomfortable effects, it is totally legal, since it doesn’t harm your PC and the information, kept on it. At the stage of downloading you still have a chance to avoid the problems. “Advanced installation” is the chance to intercept the virus until it penetrates the machine. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The recommended technique is that you will simply press yes button until the installation procedure will end. If you pick the second manner, you will see the list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will have the chance to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation manners might differ, but the point is very plain – the criminals want to convince you that the best choice is to close your eyes and press “OK”. If you will be aware of the methods that viruses use to get into your computer, it might help you to protect your system.
Some readers are asking; why people make adware that irritate users so much, if they can just put advertisements in designated areas? In fact, at its big value, rightful ad brings too few customers. The deployment of any ad on any web-page costs lots of money, and the cost increases in direct proportion to the web-page attendance. Promotional disposition of the website in search results of any search engine is even more worthy. According to the statistical data, this ad on the web-page attracts an average of no more than ten percent of all customers who have seen a banner. We must specify that 10% is the incredibly good outcome, but more often the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertising program is leading 90% of its victims to the needed web-site and it will cost less. Most users do not consider adware harmful, until their computers are absolutely dead, and use these computers for years, suffering the different problems during the use of Web, and considering that it’s the usual thing. Suchlike customers assure a continuous flow of visitors to perilous sites, helping them to exist for a many years.
If you performed all steps correctly, adware must be deleted at this time, and now you have to protect your system from all other threats. Except the anti-virus, there is another thing that can shield your computer and your files against malware: it’s your own attainments. Most often, the customer is the weakest point of anti-viral system, which lets harmful program to enter the computer. To avoid the infection you have to follow certain rules, so we made a list for you:
- The anti-viral tool on your machine always needs to be updated to the latest version and turned on. Some viruses may ask you to disable the anti-virus. It may come in form of the system message or in different manner. You don’t need to abide to suchlike requests.
- You should not ignore the browser hints. Browsers have their own methods of adware detection and opposition against user’s hazardous doings. If the browser notifies you about the unreliability of the site – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- Never use the facilities of perilous web-pages. By the word “hazardous”, we mean any type of websites with pornographic content, ForEx broker’s sites and third-class web-pages that spread pirated programs or defective products.
- You must carefully follow the installing of all programs. User agreement is too massive, and there is a lot of unnecessary info, but there may be something considerable. If you are installing the worthy software, made by internationally renowned software creators such as Microsoft, Skype or Piriform, you can trust in their standing. But the young developers spend all time in search of funds, and they often consent to bundle their programs with adware. If during the installation you are given the option between a “simple” and “complex” way of installation – choose the “complex” variant.
- E-mail is highly convenient technique for web-criminals to spread viruses. If you have a message, which you didn’t expect, and you do not know who send it – you shouldn’t click on it.
- The copies should be stored on an external media. If your system is often subjected to attacks of adware, the best decision would be to keep the important info on an external hard disk, which may be your backup in the case of highly hazardous infection.
If you listen to these hints, you will avoid getting any viral threat. If some of your requests are still unanswered – just comment this article and we will answer you ASAP.