Few days ago we mentioned Book-pages.org virus, and today we’ll review it. This article includes the simplest ways to delete Book-pages.org from user’s laptop, and from all popular browsers. If your browser has started to operate slowly, if you see ads on each website, home page and search engines have changed – on this site we will solve your issue.
Book-pages.org adware is the virus that is engaged exclusively in advertising doings. If adware sneaks into your computer, it immediately begins to generate advertising. Redirections, the manipulation with the search results, viral links, p-ups and commercial banners – here’s a brief list of its methods. Some users know that search engines are carefully checking the content that is displayed to the user. Web-pages are scrupulously checked, and examination can be passed only by those ones that meet all the requirements. Web-sites, which failed this test, immediately fall into the category of “dangerous”. This examination is called indexing, and it takes a huge amount of people and resources, because thousands of websites of different quality are made each day, and the new, pages, items and partitions appear on the sites, which are already checked. However, when the client installs adware, he declines all features of his search engine, and replaces them with malware services. Malware has neither the resources nor the employees to check the web-sites like search engines do. If you type anything in the compromised browser, Book-pages.org simply picks the web-page of few dozen that are kept in its memory, and puts it on the first place. Customer has almost 100% chance that this web-site is malicious, and isn’t related to the thing that you want to find. Malware puts it on the first position only because the site owners have paid to the web-criminals, obliging them to provide a certain number of website visits. Adware does not want you to be a regular client, or to be pleased by its work. Book-pages.org wants you to click as much links as it is possible, until you know that you are deceived.
Step 1. Remove Book-pages.org from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Book-pages.org from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Book-pages.org: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Malware may get into your machine in lots of ways, in attempts to deceive you to download a viral file. Adware do it another way. Actually, the advertisement tools aren’t malicious and can’t be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they interfere to surf the Net, yet they cannot inflict any injury to the customer’s laptop and the private information. In this regard, adware is spreaded completely legal. Lots of customers install it by themselves, on its web-site. The most popular way is an installation in bundle with other toll-free programs.
The manner of bundled installation has to be discussed severally, because it is the most popular cause of infection by malware and redirects, as well as by all kinds of counterfeit browsers and toolbars. This manner is plain: harmful files are attached to the.Exe file of the wanted program. This file is completely closed, and you can’t see what’s inside. The only action that you can perform with this file is installation. It means that if you’ll install the needed software, virus installs too. Adware is distributed legally, so, it is necessary for them to inform the customer of their actions, and ask for allowance. Until Book-pages.org hasn’t crept into the PC the man still has some chances to avoid the problems. “Advanced installation” is the opportunity to intercept the malicious program until it enters the machine. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The first technique lets the malware to choose what to install. And, in the majority of cases, it decides to install everything. If you choose the second manner, you will see all programs, prepared to be installed, and will have the opportunity to decide personally, what to install. Names of installation manners may differ, but the core is very plain – the web are trying to urge you that it is better to stop thinking and press “Yes”. If you will understand the ways, which undesired programs use to infiltrate your PC, it might assist you to protect your machine.
Some readers want to know for what reason scammers make adware that annoy users so much, if they can easily publish ads in specially created areas? In fact, at its high price, rightful ad brings too few users. You cannot just put the advertising on the popular website, because it will cost a lot. Promotional placement of the site in Google search results costs much more. According to the statistics, this advertising on any web-site attracts no more than 10% of all customers who have seen an ad. We have to point out that 10% is the unbelievably good outcome, but generally the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertisement tool can redirect 100% of its victims to the needed web-page and it will cost less. The majority of people don’t think that adware is dangerous, until their PCs are totally dead, and use these laptops for years, having big discomfort while surfing the Web, and considering that this is the usual thing. Suchlike users are providing a regular flow of victims to dangerous sites, assisting them to work for a many years.
If you performed all steps accurately, virus must be removed at this time, and the only thing left to do is to shield your PC from all other threats. Besides the anti-viral tool, there is one thing that might defend your PC and your information against viruses: it’s your own knowledge. Programs don’t make errors, but customers do, and these errors are the only cause of viral infections. There are some rules that you should know, if you want to keep your PC safe:
- The anti-viral tool on your workstation always has to be updated to the latest version and activated. Some adware might ask you to disable the antivirus. It might be executed in form of the system message or in other way. Such messages are completely viral, and you should disregard them.
- You shouldn’t ignore the browser advices. Internet browsers have very good manners of threat finding and counteraction against your perilous doings. If your browser warns you that a particular web-page is suspicious – you shouldn’t go to this site.
- Operator should avoid making any actions on the malicious web-sites. These are all the types of sites with pornographic content, web-sites of foreign exchange brokers and cheapjack sites that spread free media-files or bad-quality goods.
- Always watch closely for the installing of any software. User agreement is very boring, and contains a bunch of useless data, but if you’ll read it – you may know something substantial. If we’re talking about the paid tool, designed by reputed software vendors such as Apple, Piriform or Skype, you can rely on their fame. But the junior developers always need money, and they often agree to bundle their programs with malware. When you install any software, it could give you the option between a “simple” and “complex” type of installation – pick the “advanced” variant.
- Be cautious with e-mail letters. If you receive a message, which you didn’t wait for, and you do not know who send it – it is better not to open it.
- The copies should be stored on an external media. If your laptop is often attacked by malicious software, the safest choice would be to store the important data on an external hard disk, which will be your backup in the case of particularly heavy infection.
If you listen to all these tips, you may avoid getting any viral infection. If you still got some problems to solve – just comment this article and we will answer you soon.