Few days ago we mentioned a virus named BestZipper, and on this page we’ll review it. The article includes the most comfortable and effective manners to uninstall BestZipper from your machine, as well as from all well-known browsers. If the browser has begun to operate slowly, if advertisement emerges on each site, home page and search engines were changed – on this site we will help you to solve your issue.
BestZipper adware is the virus that is engaged exclusively in promotional activity. After the infection, advertising program begins to place hype, and does it in all imaginable methods. Viral links, advertising banners, redirects, the change of the results of search queries and pop-ups – it’s a brief list of its methods. Search engines do an important job: they check all the sites on the Internet to show the user only the safest ones. Each site is carefully checked, and only the most qualitative ones can pass this examination. Web-sites, which failed this inspection, automatically fall into the category of “untrusted”. This test is called indexing, and it requires a significant amount of people and money, because thousands of sites of different quality are designed every day, and the new, items, partitions and pages appear on the tested sites. However, when the client installs BestZipper, he declines the services of his search engine, and replaces them with malware services. Malware has neither the resources nor the people to test the websites like Yahoo does. When you enter a search query via the compromised browser, BestZipper simply chooses the random web-site of few thousand that are kept in its memory, and shows it to you. Most often, this webpage is malicious, and isn’t related to the thing that you want to find. Malware shows it to you only because the web-site owners have paid to the scammers, obliging them to provide a certain number of page views. Adware isn’t interested in man’s preferences, and pays no attention to what he needs. Malware will force you pass as much links as it is possible, until you realize that you are tricked.
Step 1. Remove BestZipper from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove BestZipper from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove BestZipper: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Unwanted programs can penetrate man’s machine in many techniques, trying to make you to download a harmful file. Advertising programs don’t need to try so hard. Officially, the advertisement tools don’t inflict direct damage to customer’s computer and can’t be called “viruses”. They can irritate user; they make the Internet browsing hard as hell, although they do not inflict direct injury to the user’s workstation and the private files. This is the cause, why adware is distributed absolutely legal. Many customers install it personally, after they read and confirm the EULA. The most common manner is the bundled download with other free software.
You should understand what is the bundled installation technique. This method is simple: viral files are included to the installer of useful tool. The file cannot be opened, and its content cannot be seen. Installation is the only action that man can make and he, in the majority of cases, does this. It means that if customer installs the wanted program, virus installs too. Adware is distributed legally, so, they need to inform you about their installation, and gain the permission. At the phase of downloading you still have some chances to avoid it. “Advanced installation” is the chance to intercept the virus before it penetrates your PC. The choice can be found in a separate box, during installation, where the program asks you to select the installation method between “preferable” and “difficult”. The first manner is that you just install anything that is inside the file, even if there are ten completely useless tools. If you pick the second technique, you will see all tools, prepared for the installation, and will have the ability to choose personally, which programs to install. Actually, it doesn’t matter how the setup ways are named – truth is that the web want the customer to be stupid and abide to their instructions. If you will be aware of the manners, which adware uses to infiltrate your machine, it may help you to protect your system.
Many customers are asking; why hackers make adware that annoy customers so badly, if they can just put banners in designated places? Actually, at its high cost, rightful advertisement brings too few clients. The deployment of any advertisement on any site costs lots of money, and the value is increasing in direct proportion to the web-site attendance. Google, Yahoo and Bing offer more targeted advertising techniques, but they are not as productive as BestZipper. According to the statistical info, this advertisement on any site attracts an average of no more than 10% of all customers who have seen an ad. We have to specify that ten percent is the unbelievably great outcome, but generally the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Advertising tool can lead 90% of customers to the needed site at lower cost. Many users don’t consider adware dangerous, until their machines are completely dead, and use those machines for years, having different issues during the use of Internet, and considering that this is the usual thing. These users are assuring a steady flow of visitors to perilous web-pages, allowing them to work for a long time.
Now, when this unwanted program is deleted, you should understand how to shield your computer from infection for a long time. Besides the antivirus, there is another thing that may protect your machine and your information against malware: it’s your own knowledge. Software don’t allow failures, but users do, and these failures are the main cause of adware infections. There are few rules that you should abide, if you want your machine to be safe:
- Antivirus is the frontline of your machine’s protection, that’s why it should be enabled and updated. Some adware may ask you to disable the anti-virus. It may come in form of the system message or in different manner. You should not listen to such requests.
- Do not ignore the browser advices. Internet browsers have really effective manners of threat tracking and reaction on user’s perilous actions. If your browser notifies you that a particular site is hazardous – don’t visit it.
- Man should avoid doing anything on the hazardous sites. These are any sort of websites with services “for adults”, ForEx broker’s web-pages and lesser-known sites that spread not licensed programs or low-quality goods.
- Always watch carefully for the installing of all software. License agreement is too massive, and consists of a lot of unnecessary data, but if you’ll inspect it – you may find something considerable. If you are installing the worthy software, made by reputed software creators such as Microsoft, Adobe or Skype, you can rely on their name. But the unknown developers always need money, and they easily consent to distribute perilous programs with help of their own software. When you install any software, it may show you the choice between a “recommended” and “complex” way of installation – choose the “advanced” variant.
- E-mail is very comfy technique for web-criminals to spread viruses. If you receive a message that you didn’t wait for, and you do not know the sender – we strongly advise you not to open it.
- The copies must be kept on an external media. If the machine is often subjected to attacks of malware, the right solution would be to store the important information on an external media that might assist you in the case of highly dangerous infection.
These rules are simple, but the fruit of adherence to them is really big. If you still got some errors to fix – just comment this article and we will reply to you as soon as possible.