Now, we want to tell you about the dangerous adware named Balkan.ba, and teach you how to get rid of it. This item includes the simplest methods to remove Balkan.ba from user’s PC, and from all well-known browsers. This harmful program has few symptoms: slow operation of browser, lots of advertisement, redirections to malicious sites and unauthorized modification of browser settings.
Balkan.ba adware is the program that is engaged exclusively in advertising doings. After the penetration, advertising program begins to generate hype, and performs it in all possible methods. Commercial banners, pop-up windows, suspicious links, the manipulation with the search results and redirects – it’s a full list of its techniques. As you know, search engines are thoroughly filtering the sites that are displayed to the user. Websites are meticulously checked, and control can be passed only by the best ones. Web-pages that do not pass this inspection, can be named “suspicious”. The process is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to proceed it is really great, as tens of thousands of sites of different quality are designed daily, and the new, items, sectors and pages appear on the tested websites. However, when the man installs Balkan.ba, he declines the advantages of his search engine, and replaces it with malware. Malware has neither the resources nor the staff to index the websites as Google does. When you enter a search query on the compromised browser, malware simply selects the web-site of few dozen that are stored in its memory, and shows it to you. Most often, this web-site is viral, and isn’t related to your request. Virus puts it on the first place just because the owners of this site have signed an agreement with the hackers, obliging them to generate a certain number of link clicks. Virus does not need that you will become a regular customer, or to be satisfied with its work. Adware will force you see as much banners as it is possible, until you realize that you were deceived.
Step 1. Remove Balkan.ba from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove Balkan.ba from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove Balkan.ba: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Ransomware may penetrate your laptop in lots of manners, trying to make you to download a malicious file. Adware act differently. Actually, the advertisement programs are not really dangerous and cannot be called “viruses”. They are annoying; they make the Internet browsing very difficult, although they can’t cause direct damage to your machine and the private files. This explains, why advertising programs are distributed in legal ways. Lots of people download it personally, from the web site. The most effective method is the download in one package with useful toll-free tools.
The latter manner has to be explained severally, since it is the very efficient technique of penetration by adware and redirects, as well as by all kinds of counterfeit browsers and tools. This way is plain: viral files are added to the.Exe file of useful software. This file is completely closed, and you can’t see what you are installing. Installation is the only action that customer can do and he, in most cases, does it. This means that if victim installs the program that you wanted to, virus installs too. Even if Balkan.ba causes some uncomfortable effects, it is totally legal, because it doesn’t injure your computer and the data, stored on it. Until Balkan.ba has not sneaked into the machine you still have some chances to avoid the problems. The opportunity to do so is named “installation for skilled users”. The option comes in a separate box, during installation, where the virus asks you to choose the installation way between “recommended” and “difficult”. The first method is that you will simply install everything that is inside this file, even if there are ten completely useless programs. If you pick the advanced technique, you will see all programs, prepared to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, which programs to install. Names of installation ways may differ, but the essence is very plain – the hackers are trying to persuade you that the best decision is to stop thinking and press “OK”. If you will understand the ways that dangerous programs use to penetrate your machine, it may help you to protect your PC.
If you want to understand, why scammers are making adware, and is it profitable, we can tell you. In fact, at its big price, legal advertisement brings too few customers. Man cannot just locate the advertisement on the reputable web-site, because it will cost a lot. Promotional disposition of the web-site in Google search results costs even more. For advertising on the web-pages, the ratio of views to clicks is, at max, 10 to 1. We want to precise that 10 to 1 is the unbelievably great outcome, but commonly the ratio is between 1 and 0.01%. Adware is leading almost all its victims to the needed web-page and it will cost less. The majority of customers do not consider adware hazardous, until their machines are absolutely clogged, and use those PCs for years, suffering the significant discomfort while using the Web, and thinking that this is OK. Such customers ensure a continuous flow of visitors to perilous web-sites, assisting them to stay afloat for a long time.
Now, since malware is deleted, we want to explain you how to avoid infection in the future. Except the anti-virus, there is one thing that will shield your hard drive and your data against malware: it’s your own attainments. Software don’t make mistakes, but customers do, and such failures are the only cause of viral infections. To avoid the infection you need to abide to few rules, so we made a list for you:
- Antivirus is the frontline of your computer’s security, so it must be working and updated. Even if you’ll suddenly get a system message with the request to disable an antivirus to install anything, you should not do that. Official programs do not need you to disable the anti-virus, so this message is an attempt to break-in.
- You shouldn’t ignore the browser advices. Browsers have their own methods of adware tracking and prevention of your perilous actions. If the browser tells you about the hazard of the website – do not go to this site.
- Never use the capabilities of untrusted web-sites. When we say “suspicious”, we mean any kind of web-sites with X-rated content, foreign exchange broker’s sites and shoddy websites, which distribute free software or defective goods.
- Always watch carefully for the installation of all tools. EULA is very boring, and there is a lot of useless info, but if you’ll inspect it – you may know something useful. During the installation of the paid tool, developed by prominent software creators such as Kaspersky, Adobe or Apple, you can rely on their reputation. But the novice developers always need funds, and they can agree to distribute adware via their own software. If in time of the installing you are given the option between a “common” and “for advanced users” type of installing – choose the “advanced” variant.
- E-mail messages are the really handy method for hackers to distribute adware. If you gain a letter, which you didn’t wait for, and you don’t know the sender – you shouldn’t click on it.
- The backups must be kept on an external media. If the PC is often subjected to attacks of unwanted programs, the safest solution would be to store the important info on an external media, which may become your backup if the machine will be heavily infected.
The hints are simple, but the advantages from the adherence to them are very high. If some of your requests are still unanswered – make the “comments” field and we will answer you as soon as possible.