Recently we mentioned a virus called 911239217 Scam, and today we’ll review it. This guide includes the simplest techniques to delete 911239217 Scam from user’s system, and from Google Chrome, Safari, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. This adware has few symptoms: redirections to unknown websites, unauthorized change of browser settings, lowered speed of browser’s work and abundance of advertisement.
911239217 Scam adware is the virus that is engaged exclusively in advertising activity. After contact with the user’s system, advertising program begins to show ads, and performs it in all possible methods. Viral links, pop-ups, advertising banners, redirects and the change of the results of search queries – here’s a full list of its methods. Some users know that search engines are carefully checking the web-pages that are shown to the user. Each site is thoroughly checked, and only the best ones can pass this examination. All other sites might be considered unsafe, or even hazardous. This test is called indexing, and the amount of resources that is required to do it is really huge, as thousands of web-sites of different grades are created daily, and the new, pages, items and partitions appear on the checked sites. The installation of advertising program, in fact, declines all features of good search engines, and customer’s browser becomes totally vulnerable to all threats. Advertising program hasn’t enough resources to index the sites like search engines do. If you enter a search query on the infected browser, virus simply chooses the random web-page of few thousand that are stored in its list, and puts it on the first place. Most often, this web-page is untrusted, and has no relation to your request. Malware shows it to you just because the site owners have paid to the hackers, obliging them to make a certain amount of link clicks. Adware does not need you to be a regular client, or to be satisfied by its job. Malware will force you click as much links as it is possible, until you know that you are tricked.
Step 1. Remove 911239217 Scam from Control Panel
1. Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall.
Step 2. Remove 911239217 Scam from the browser: reset browser settings
1. Click Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Click Show advanced settings…
4. Click Reset settings
Additional info: How to reset Google Chrome
1. Click on Help on menu bar
2 Select Troubleshooting information
3. Click Refresh Firefox…
Additional info: How to reset Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools
2. Select Internet Options
3. Select Advanced tab
4. Click Reset… button
5. Click Reset
Additional info: How to reset Internet Explorer
Step 3. Scan computer with trusted antimalware scanner
Tested programs that can remove 911239217 Scam: AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes, Spyhunter. AdwCleaner is a free utility, Malwarebytes has 14 day trial, SpyHunter has a free scan module, but to remove virus , you need to purchase the full version.
Instructions for using SpyHunter antimalware
Instructions for using AdwCleaner antimalware
Instruction for Malwarebytes:
Dangerous programs might penetrate your computer in various manners, trying to force the operator to install a harmful file. Commercial programs do it another way. Actually, the advertising tools don’t cause direct damage to man’s PC and cannot be named “viruses”. They can irritate user; they make the Web surfing very difficult, yet they cannot inflict direct injury to the client’s workstation and the information, stored on it. This is the cause, why advertising tools are spreaded by legal methods. Lots of customers install it by themselves, on the web site. The most efficient method is the download in bundle with other unpaid software.
Let’s talk about the bundled installation way. This method is easy: infected files are added to the.Exe file of free program. This file cannot be inspected, and you can’t see what you are downloading. Installation is the only process that man can do and he, in the majority of cases, does this. Thus, if customer installs the wanted software, malware will install too. Adware is spreading legally, so, they have to inform the customer of their installation, and gain the permission. As long as 911239217 Scam hasn’t sneaked onto the PC the customer still has the chances to avoid the problems. The chance is called “advanced installation”. During the installation process you can choose in which manner you want to install the program. It may be recommended or advanced. The first manner is that you will simply install anything that is inside the file, even if there are dozens of totally futile programs. If you choose the second method, you will see the list of tools, prepared to be installed, and will be able to choose personally, what to install. Actually, it doesn’t matter how the setup methods are called – point is that the scammers want you to be stupid and follow the instructions. If you will understand the techniques that suspicious programs use to invade your machine, it may assist you to protect your system.
If you want to know, why scammers are creating advertising programs, and is it profitable, we can tell you. Actually, at its high value, rightful advertisement brings too few users. Man cannot just put the advertisement on top of the well-known site, because it will cost a lot. Search engines provide more targeted advertising methods, but they cannot are not even close to 911239217 Scam’s productivity. At the same time, this ad on the site can attract no more than ten percent of all visitors who have seen an ad. We should specify that ten percent is the incredibly great outcome, but usually the ratio goes on tenths of a percent. Advertisement tool can redirect almost all victims to the specified web-page and it will cost less. Most users don’t consider adware hazardous, until their computers are totally clogged, and use these computers for years, having significant discomfort during the use of Web, and considering that it’s normal. These people provide a permanent flow of victims to untrusted websites, assisting them to function for a long time.
Now, if this undesired program is uninstalled, you should understand how to avoid viruses for a long time. Besides the anti-viral tool, there is one thing that might protect your computer and your data against malware: it’s your own experience. Most often, the customer is the weak place of anti-viral system that lets adware to enter the system. There are some rules that you should know, if you want your workstation to remain protected:
- The anti-virus on your PC should always be properly updated and turned on. Even if you’ll see the pop-up message with the request to turn off an anti-virus to download some software, you should not do this. Good programs don’t want you to disable the anti-viral program, and this message is an attempt to break-in.
- You shouldn’t disregard the hints of your browser. Browsers can easily find the malicious websites, and they understand when you are going to make something unwanted. If your browser notifies you that a particular web-page is possibly viral – do not visit it.
- Never use the services of dangerous websites. By the word “dangerous”, we mean any sort of sites with X-rated content, ForEx broker’s web-pages and third-class websites, which distribute free content or defective goods.
- Always watch carefully for the installing of any tools. License agreement is too massive, and consists of a bunch of unnecessary info, but there may be something considerable. If we’re talking about the worthy tool, made by internationally renowned software developers such as Adobe, Apple or Skype, you can trust in their standing. But the young developers spend all time in search of resources, and they often agree to bundle their programs with viruses. If during the installation you are given the choice between a “common” and “complex” manner of installation – choose the “complex” option.
- E-mail is very handy manner for web-criminals to distribute viruses. If you got a letter that you didn’t expect, and you don’t know the sender – you shouldn’t click on it.
- The copies should be kept on an external drive. If your laptop is often attacked by viruses, the wisest decision would be to keep the significant information on an external media, which may help you if the PC will be heavily contaminated.
These hints are easy, but the benefits from the adherence to them are extremely high. If some of your questions are still unanswered – just comment this item and we will answer you ASAP.